The Big Bottom Box! Page 2

Quote: jhmagic1 @ May 10 2011, 4:48 PM BST

Went to one of there live shows and remembered seeing them screw a line. Then got the DVD filmed in London and the same screw up was there :(

That's the way it is, folks. In other news, sometimes the people they pluck from the audience for songs aren't audience members at all!

Yes, but it's detrimental.

People f**king up on stage can be very very funny when it's genuine.

When it's done just for effect, and over and over and over again, it's just tedious and annoying.

Don't understand why they resorted to this tactic to get laughs as they really didn't need to.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 10 2011, 6:37 PM BST

Yes, but it's detrimental.

People f**king up on stage can be very very funny when it's genuine.

When it's done just for effect, and over and over and over again, it's just tedious and annoying.

Don't understand why they resorted to this tactic to get laughs as they really didn't need to.

I'm betting you laughed the first time. It's only when you found out you'd been had that you felt cheated. Just try thinking of it as a magic trick.

Not quite actually!

The first time I watched the first 3 on video years ago I wasn't aware of this.

At first it was amusing but you pretty much kinda knew what was going on and for me it just spoilt the shows as they just did it over and over again.

Maybe it's just me, but I found it started to get on my fookin titties after a bit.

And this coming from Adrian Edmondson!

:D When I visited a recording of Filthy Rich And Catflap, Ade accidentally set a telly on fire, and the recording was nearly abandoned.

When the telly exploded on the TV show, this whole accident was omitted, shame, they were very funny ad libs and swearing!

Has anybody else got the Bottom Fluff video?

Really worth the money - some really funny AND GENUINE gaffs on there!

Plus some scenes deleted from the final shows.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 11 2011, 6:38 PM BST

Has anybody else got the Bottom Fluff video?

Really worth the money - some really funny AND GENUINE gaffs on there!

Plus some scenes deleted from the final shows.

Yep although the scenes were added to the appropriate episodes on DVD. My favourite bit is Eddie's solo on the organ in the flat (now that's a good double-entendre). :)