Writers Wanted! New Parody News Site.

Hey, guys. So when the Wiki Leaks happened I thought it was pretty funny that ANYTHING in the world could be revealed about ANYONE. So I started telling little stupid stories on facebook about "leaked" reports. "Putin has Small Penis" was the first one. Anyways, I started up a site. www.theleakywiki.com and have been trying to build a community of parody news writers. It's been a lot harder than I thought to get writers on board, so I've been doing all of the writing.

Basically, you write an article, and if people think it's funny they vote it up. When your article is voted up ten times it gets put on the front page.

Since it's pretty new, it's a great spot for people who want their writing to be noticed. Many other sites I've been to are swamped with writers.

If this idea sucks, what can I do different to make it more writer friendly? Thanks!!

The site looks really professional. Good job! I would only add that the headlines need to be 'snappier'. The articles themselves are good, but the headlines don't entice me in.

I'm glad there's another news satire site. Not nearly enough of them already.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 21 2011, 5:46 PM BST

I'm glad there's another news satire site. Not nearly enough of them already.

You could write a satirical news story on that angle Kevin.

And then I'll do a spoof of Kevs story

'Area Man Convinces Self There Is Still Gap In Massively Over-Saturated News Parody Market'

I'm glad this world hasn't left us bitter and twisted.

Laughing out loud

Yeah there are a lot but if you can do it differently or do it better than most then there's no reason to avoid it.

:P Latest news; Queen will not attend 'Royal Wedding' no room for her Corgi's in royal carriege ! But 'Camilla fits'... 'furore spills'... keep watching...

I will, but only because some sense may emerge from that like some sort of magic eye pic.

Dan

:$ Oh you 'realist' now have to supply details!

:O Latest News; Russell Brand has lost virility post 'Hair cut gate', Katy too depressed for comment!... please watch for futher news on 'Punch Post' hits you were it hurts! ;)

This is like the Sky Sports News banner without the spelchkr...

Dan

:| Latest news; Wind in East-Midlands; beware, many fans of wedding ,buntings blown away in unexpected 'High Winds', keep posted HERE! Punch Post.

Quote: Tim Walker @ April 21 2011, 7:29 PM BST

'Area Man Convinces Self There Is Still Gap In Massively Over-Saturated News Parody Market'

nice

or

"Area man thinks he could do 'something' with the World Wide Web"
"Area man attempts something on the internet"
"Area man 'Humor and the internet? There might be something there'"
"Area man does something something else that sucks"