The Thick Of It - Series 4 Page 6

Oh yes! I rewound that to hear it again.

What was it? Something about a friend in a pedal-bin? Very good.

Someone else found it funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5iRmPBve80

Quote: Mr Carnegie @ September 17 2012, 12:44 PM BST

Tucker's description of Star Wars made me lol

That was brilliant, I can only remember the 'his dad was a robot and he shagged his sister...and they were made out of Lego'

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2012, 2:14 PM BST

That was brilliant, I can only remember the 'his dad was a robot and he shagged his sister...and they were made out of Lego'

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5iRmPBve80

Very funny.

I never thought I'd say this, but the episode made me miss the Tory lot.

Now that they are doing things seperately, the Labour lot totally hang, from a comedy point of view at least, on Tucker, and he seems a bit neutered at the moment. A few Tucker lines aside (falling on the sword, Star Wars etc.), this episode just wasn't funny.

I miss Phil and Olly's bickering, and the two parties generally bouncing off each other more. Now the episodes seem to have them completely seperately.

That said, the "Falling on the Sword" line would be up there with my Top 10 ever The Thick of It lines.

Malcolm has yet to get in his stride, he has been flailing around for two years without an adrenlin fuelled mission.

I'd like to have seen how Nicola Murray became party leader.

This new series has been amiable enough but I wish there was more comedy. There have been 3 or 4 laughs in each episode maybe which for one of the highest rated comedies of the moment is pretty poor.

Quote: Nick @ September 18 2012, 7:33 AM BST

This new series has been amiable enough but I wish there was more comedy. There have been 3 or 4 laughs in each episode maybe which for one of the highest rated comedies of the moment is pretty poor.

Well it's a Mannion episode again next week, so fingers-crossed.

(Where are you in Japan btw? I used to live in Yonago (Tottori pref.), and then Osaka).

I really liked the 2nd episode, might be because it was the first time I watched it with someone else but I found it pretty funny. The walking bit was good.

Not a big fan of this show, but I enjoyed that episode; there was actually some character interplay and plotting, rather than last week where we had half an hour of a legions of people who despise one another shouting puerile insults at one another.

Didn't seem to have the energy of previous series. I particularly miss the banter between Ollie and Glen. That said, I still loved it and can't wait for the next episode.

The Star Wars analogy was genius.

I don't understand why we are having separate episodes for each party. Both episodes so far have been good but have lacked the involvement of the other party, could they not have just included both parties in every episode and extended the episodes to 40 mins or so?

Quote: Will Cam @ September 18 2012, 8:48 PM BST

I particularly miss the banter between Ollie and Glen.

... and Ollie vs Phil.

First time watching this but will be tuning in from now on. Quiet bat people Laughing out loud

It all feels a bit predictable now, still good but just a bit too knowing.