Batman Page 4

I'm a few episodes ahead and by episode three it's started to hit its stride. Enjoying it so far.

But do you agree about the costumes? The Penguin loks really old-fashioned.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th October 2014, 9:42 PM BST

Just watching Gotham on Channel 5 - the origins of Batman.

The action are story is good but I'm confused by the mixture of characters who look like they've come from the 1950s and modern characters.

So this must be a prequel to the Batman series set in the 1960s. Talking of which, it's coming out on DVD/blu ray pretty soon.

Holy home entertainment Batman.

I'm enjoying it as a cop show, but not sure about jamming childhood versions of Batman's enemies into it.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th October 2014, 9:56 PM BST

I suppose the universe they've set up is a little jarring - there's little technology on show, for example, despite it being modern day and the haircuts seem to range from the 1930s up to the present day.

I think comic book worlds - especially on TV/film - have always had those inconsistencies though. Do you remember the 90s TV version of Superman with Dean Cain? That had a similar world which seemed to borrow from several eras.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th October 2014, 9:56 PM BST

Only about the same as the First Doctor. It was fifty years ago.

But others really look current and (Commissioner) Gordon has got a mobile phone. It's a real mish-mash. And then of course Bruce Wayne is about 12 so he doesn't become "The Batman" for another 10 years or so at least.

Not to say I'm not enjoying it though!

Gotham always looks like it's from the 30s, and so do the cops, imo. Whenever it's set.

I missed last weeks but just seen tonight's. Episode 3?

Still going well. You know how certain things are going to turn out but not the whole story.

I think episode 3 is where it starts to step up. Just finished episode 5 and that's a really good one too.

Not sure which episode this is. Who's the bald bloke supposed to be?

Victor Zsasz

Quote: Nil Putters @ 24th November 2014, 10:50 PM GMT

Victor Zsasz

Who became? I don't know the name.

That's not Tim Booth of James is it?

Quote: Chappers @ 24th November 2014, 10:58 PM GMT

Who became? I don't know the name.

Always Victor Zsasz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Zsasz

Quote: Nil Putters @ 24th November 2014, 11:07 PM GMT

Always Victor Zsasz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Zsasz

Yes- I just saw that though I've never heard of him.

It also said that Tm Booth of James played him somewhere.