Batman Page 3

Quote: youngian @ March 8 2011, 1:42 PM GMT

Its great watching it again as an adult for the first time, some great gags and the pompous straight laced comedy performances must have been an inspiration to Leslie Neilsen.

Some great gags I remember:

"Your usual seat at the front Batman?" asks a waiter at a posh restaurant.
"No I'll sit at the back, I don't want to look conspicuous."

Rushing to the scene of a crime in the Batmobile, Batman suddenly stops after getting out and puts a dime in the meter.
"Being a crime fighter doesn't put us above the law Robin."

Another couple of classics there! I always loved the shows with the Riddler, if only because the way they deciphered his clues was like the very best of Ted Rogers on 3-2-1.

Just watched the episodes with Liberace. Fabulous, thought the Scottish lady villians were very scary with their bag-pipes.

Watched the episodes with The Archer . in the fight scenes it's 'Oucheth' and 'Thwaketh' etc.

:P

Might watch The Dark Knight in a bit. Not seen any of the newer Batman movies yet. Their running time always puts me off, but tonight I can bare it. Plus, I want to see Heath Ledger's performance.

Neh-neh-neh-neh-neh-neh-neh-neh...

My fav. Batman of all-time is/was the Dour Face/Straight Bat aka Geoff Boycott. I still recall seeing him 'creased up" for days on end.

Just watching the original series feature Movie,
The Opening credits were interesting, and as a former spotlight operator I appreciated the good work involved

The utility belt - someone should definitely take it to the Dragon's Den...

Watching the last ever episode now.
With Zsa Zsa Gabor of all people

Although the final series seems even Cheesier than the rest, I have enjoyed Batgirls appearances especially her funky theme tune

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 9 2011, 1:55 AM BST

Watching the last ever episode now.
With Zsa Zsa Gabor of all people

I watched Superman the other night with George Reeves (of all people).

Hey it's Leevil
Of all People Wave

I should really learn the meaning of that phrase
:D

I assumed it meant someone in power, a leader, like a king.

Leevil: Of All People.

Whereas I think I just meant that I'd have rather seen one of the famous villains in the last episode.
That phrase don't own those words!

Quote: Leevil @ July 9 2011, 2:06 AM BST

Leevil: Of All People.

Now that's the title they should go with!
I always thought the Leevil show was missing something.

Quote: Leevil @ July 9 2011, 1:59 AM BST

I watched Superman the other night with George Reeves (of all people).

Was that round your house or his?

That was my joke C-man.

Just watching Gotham on Channel 5 - the origins of Batman.

The action are story is good but I'm confused by the mixture of characters who look like they've come from the 1950s and modern characters.