Batman Page 2

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 6 2011, 12:49 AM GMT

Put some leggings under those pants and you could be a Superhero yourself.
:D

Worst chat up line ever.

Hmm how about a series where Adam West pimps out Burt Ward on a caravan heading into the American West

West Ward Hoe?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 5 2011, 12:35 AM GMT

They are repeating the old TV show with Adam West & Burt Ward during the day at the moment.

Anyone like this?

I loved it when I was a kid, and it's still quite an enjoyable watch now.

The Villain was False Face
Looking forward to seeing a bit of Cesar Romero or Burgess Meredith.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 5 2011, 9:51 PM GMT

I loved Batman comics when I was a kid.

'Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt' is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, very tongue in cheek.

Cesar Romero as the Joker is brilliant too.

Are you not in the same room? Eh?

Not anymore!

Slides down Pole & waits for Leevil to do the same.

Yes, found it.

Two Catwoman and two Penguin on tomorrow!

:D

Quote: sootyj @ March 6 2011, 12:19 AM GMT

Why has no one put Adam West and William Shatner in the same show?

The Shat's in a new sitcom this week called $#*! My Dad Says. On one of those digital channels' 5 owns.

Quote: chipolata @ March 7 2011, 1:18 PM GMT

The Shat's in a new sitcom this week called $#*! My Dad Says. On one of those digital channels' 5 owns.

It's supposed to be $#*! Certainly looks that way in the adverts.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 7 2011, 1:21 PM GMT

It's supposed to be $#*! Certainly looks that way in the adverts.

I'm always flipping when the adverts are on.

i loved it too and it got me into American comics in the 60s. I've got several full sets of the bubble gum cards from the time - the black backs, the red backs and the photos but not the blue backs.

Incidentally there was a third Catwoman. Lee Meriwether.

Quote: chipolata @ March 5 2011, 11:00 PM GMT

I remember a rubber shark in the film. Adam West dangling from a helicopter on a rope ladder and pretending to fight a rubber shark. That and Jaws are the only times I can think of in which rubber sharks have featured in major motion pictures.

That's when they used the 'BAT SHARK REPELLENT' (True)

Quote: roscoff @ March 7 2011, 2:33 PM GMT

Indeed. He was chasing the Penguin as I recall.

Hated the Tv show. Loved the 90's cartoon of it though.

It's very much of its time. I doubt you could make a show like it today without it looking hideously contrived and self knowing.

Quote: Chappers @ March 7 2011, 2:20 PM GMT

i loved it too and it got me into American comics in the 60s. I've got several full sets of the bubble gum cards from the time - the black backs, the red backs and the photos but not the blue backs.

Incidentally there was a third Catwoman. Lee Meriwether.

I used to collect those cards too, there was a competition where the main prize was to be collected from home by the batmobile and dropped off at the school gates. I wanted to win that prize so much, I would've been the coolest kid in school.

As for Catwoman, I'm amazed at how pointy her boobies are in that suit, they're even pointier than her cats ears*.

*not a euphemism.

Quote: roscoff @ March 7 2011, 2:33 PM GMT

So many great moments in the film (with Lee Merriwether as Catwoman, as Chappers says). The scene where Batman's trying to get rid of a bomb is a classic, and my personal favourite is when the batcopter is plummeting to earth but Batman spots a soft landing at the Gotham City Foam Rubber Convention out of the corner of his eye.

Quote: chipolata @ March 7 2011, 4:14 PM GMT

It's very much of its time. I doubt you could make a show like it today without it looking hideously contrived and self knowing.

But it was very self knowing then. It's the 60s equivalent of Darkplace.

there were some good fights though!

BAM! THWACK1 PFTOOOOM!

Its great watching it again as an adult for the first time, some great gags and the pompous straight laced comedy performances must have been an inspiration to Leslie Neilsen.

Some great gags I remember:

"Your usual seat at the front Batman?" asks a waiter at a posh restaurant.
"No I'll sit at the back, I don't want to look conspicuous."

Rushing to the scene of a crime in the Batmobile, Batman suddenly stops after getting out and puts a dime in the meter.
"Being a crime fighter doesn't put us above the law Robin."

Fact of the day: Alan Napier who played Alfred the Butler was Neville Chamberlain's cousin.

It was US TV's Morcambe and Wise of the day with some big name special guest star villains; Liberance, Vincent Price, Joan Collins, Roddy MacDowell, Eartha Kitt, Caser Remero
Julie Newmar is still the best Catwoman and I can't quite see drippy Ann Hathaway improving the part.