Attack The Block

AngieBaby

• Thursday 3rd March 2011, 10:12pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 3,247 posts

I saw Joe Cornish on Film 2011 talking about his directorial debut with Attack the Block. It's about a gang of London teenagers defending their block from an alien invasion. Looks very funny, can't wait for the release!

hotzappa11

• Friday 4th March 2011, 11:19am
  • Northampton, England
  • 2,445 posts

Can't wait for this. Trailer looks great.

Baz Magnum

• Friday 4th March 2011, 5:36pm
  • Birmingham, England
  • 29 posts

be funnier if it was a race of invading bruce forsythe lookalikes invading the chavs. Or maybe not :)

hotzappa11

• Saturday 5th March 2011, 4:33pm
  • Northampton, England
  • 2,445 posts

Come on. They're not really chavs though, are they?

Nil Putters

• Saturday 5th March 2011, 4:45pm
  • A galaxy far, far away or, England
  • 28,684 posts

No, they're the 'youff'.

Baz Magnum

• Sunday 6th March 2011, 1:29am
  • Birmingham, England
  • 29 posts

of course they are, they are dripping with chavyifying chavness.

George Kaplan

• Wednesday 18th May 2011, 8:45pm
  • England
  • 4,354 posts

This was really good. Lived up to expectations. Nice to see some new faces, including mouthy Paige from DREAM SCHOOL. Nick Frost's character/role was just right, not too much, nor too little of him. Some nice scene transitions and changes of mood. Generally lean and mean - no fat. But also lots of room to breathe, and for the characters/actors to riff. Team (especially Joe Cornish) should be proud of this. Loved the uncompromising slang, and the risk they're taking over international box office by "keepin' it real".

chipolata

• Wednesday 18th May 2011, 8:59pm
  • England
  • 29,366 posts

I enjoyed the friction between Mark Kermode and Jo Cornish on 5 Live last week after a podcast in which Kermode said it was pretty good, but not really funny or scary enough.

Ben

• Wednesday 18th May 2011, 10:41pm
  • England
  • 18,345 posts

It certainly didn't have the amount of laughs as Shaun of the Dead which it's nearest comparison is. However, I think it had the right amount of action and laughs. Not much of a fear factor though. That's for sure.

youngian

• Thursday 19th May 2011, 2:09pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 1,727 posts

This looks a lot of fun. From the clips it has a bit of the spirit of the Ealing classic Hue and Cry or Children's Film Foundation with marauding young gangs repelling the baddies.

peter gazzard

• Wednesday 25th May 2011, 11:17pm
  • England
  • 839 posts
Quote: George Kaplan @ May 18 2011, 8:45 PM BST

This was really good. Lived up to expectations. Nice to see some new faces, including mouthy Paige from DREAM SCHOOL. Nick Frost's character/role was just right, not too much, nor too little of him. Some nice scene transitions and changes of mood. Generally lean and mean - no fat. But also lots of room to breathe, and for the characters/actors to riff. Team (especially Joe Cornish) should be proud of this. Loved the uncompromising slang, and the risk they're taking over international box office by "keepin' it real".

Well there was some fat-Nick Frost :)

George Kaplan

• Thursday 26th May 2011, 1:38pm
  • England
  • 4,354 posts
Quote: peter gazzard @ May 25 2011, 11:17 PM BST

Well there was some fat-Nick Frost :)

True, dat!

Laughing out loud

AngieBaby

• Sunday 29th May 2011, 8:26pm
  • England
  • 3,247 posts

I really really enjoyed this. Thought the kids were fantastic, brilliant actors.

Ben

• Sunday 29th May 2011, 8:31pm
  • England
  • 18,345 posts

I've seen a lot of very average reviews from the critics, but everyone I know who's been to see it loves it.