BBC or ITV? Page 3

BM was pretty good. Like Danny Baker with hair.

ITV has had some great shows over the years (agree with Alfred about ITV 4), but now I struggle to find much to commend other than Corrie; and even this is at an all-time low as, for some mad reason, it tries to compete with the shite that EastEnders trots out week after effing bloody wrist-slashing week, rather than sticking with the light touch and comedy it's always been brilliant at.

Quote: chipolata @ February 19 2011, 11:49 PM GMT

No it wasn't. Bob Mills did a weird chatshow on C4 called something like The Show in which they intercut backstage footage with an actual chatshow. Tis was good.

Oops, sorry, (grudging) apologies. ;) (It still sounds like Bob Martin though. Unimpressed)

Quote: Griff @ February 19 2011, 11:49 PM GMT

I used to like Bob Mills's In Bed With Me Dinner.

Looked like it was made for about £25 per show, but was amiable late-night ITV fare. Christ only knows what ITV stick on before 'Nightscreen' thesedays. Could be David Bussell Tours Britain's Funniest Prisons, for all I know...

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 19 2011, 11:57 PM GMT

Looked like it was made for about £25 per show, but was amiable late-night ITV fare. Christ only knows what ITV stick on before 'Nightscreen' thesedays. Probably David Bussell Tours Britain's Funniest Prisons, for all I know...

Last time I looked it was shameful rip-off phone-in gambling and then that was followed by their version of a selection of Ceefax (Oracle?) pages until GMTV showed up at 6

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 19 2011, 11:43 PM GMT

As regards the bias thing, I think generally when you compare last years election coverage with Sky's (didn't waste my time watching ITV's as I don't want my political journalism mixed with cheap and nasty competition phone-ins) and if you exclude Nick Robinson's diabolically right wing biased reporting, then you had a fairly unbiased coverage on the Beeb. I felt that Nick Robinson has a job waiting for him to co-host a show with Kay Burley at Sky any time he fancies it.

I never bought that criticism of Nick Robinson at all. I find him to be very balanced. People accused him of being 'excited' when it appeared that the Conservatives would be moving into Downing Street. Or, perhaps, as a political journalist and know-all, perhaps - as I was - excited at the fascinating, history-making events unfolding? The first coalition since ... what, WWII? The first time the Liberals have been in power in living memory? What was there for a political geek NOT to be excited about over that protracted May weekend?

Been and Channel 4. ITV is poor poor toss except for one or two unusually good shows. Corrie and Emerdale do NOT fall into the usnusually good category.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 19 2011, 11:52 PM GMT

And I haven't even mentioned BBC's increasing campness or its disgustingly nepotistic and toadying practices.

ITV commissions so little scripted or star-based programming that it has no opportunity to be nepotistic.

I used to love ITV's through the night stuff, it was a little low rent and subversive

I've always seen ITV as trashy, budget TV made for gossipy housewives and single mums dressed in unwashed clothes who feed their kids a pasty or sausage roll whilst pushing them around the town centre in a knackered old pushchair with a wonky wheel, while the kid spills ribena everywhere.

I think the fee should be £50 for BBC but I do like alot of their stuff, though BBC Two needs some good shows back on.

Channel 4 is ok, but they should have never done away with Brookside or Friday nights full of american sitcoms.

Channel 5 is plain shite, apart from Neighbours.

and I'm back after around a month away, hello again!

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 19 2011, 11:43 PM GMT

That was Bob Martin!

Doesn't he make worming tablets for dogs?

BBC!

NTNOCN - BBC Licence Fee

The BBC easily wins, as I like BBC3 and 6Music. Then Channel 4 and then ITV from the mainstream.

ITV is the worst kind of rubbish, so the BBC.

I don't think you should be forced to pay for it though. That's all wrong.

Dan