giving reasons why RAP and Hip-Hop are dreadful! Page 2

There are a few rap songs that are blindingly good. A majority though are crap. I do like poetic rap or little stories. I dont have any rap CD's however give me rap or hip hop anyday over shitey POP, like the Spice Girls etc.

Quote: Ydna @ June 1, 2007, 3:31 PM

its not ignorant its your view of music mine is different get over it

i dont see how you can like somethink that contains no sense

That last line is ignorant. YOU clearly don't understand it, others do.

yeah but some of us dont care about "cussing" others mums, its just pointless! you get famous and then get shot what a great life (Y) Sounds really exciting. And also has anyone but you ever heard of those bands???

You may not like it but Eminem's "97 Bonnie & Clyde" and Slick Rick's "Children Story" have great stories in them.

Quote: Ydna @ June 1, 2007, 3:39 PM

hehe I just dont see any storyline in RAP in other music there are story lines take November rain, Dont Cry and Enstranged by GnR it was a triliogy telling the story of the sorrow of the band and there familys. They were also based on a book

Different music has difference purposes. When I go clubbing I don't go in hope of hearing the next Harry Potter book.

Quote: Ydna @ June 1, 2007, 3:42 PM

yeah but some of us dont care about "cussing" others mums, its just pointless! you get famous and then get shot what a great life (Y) Sounds really exciting. And also has anyone but you ever heard of those bands???

That's just 50 cent, 2pac and Notrious BIG.

like i said its my own opinion its a free country ill listen to what i want to while you listen to what ever your listening to. I dont mind RAP but i wnt listen to it for ours on end one song out of about 100 ill listen to.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ June 1, 2007, 3:43 PM

Different music has difference purposes. When I go clubbing I don't go in hope of hearing the next Harry Potter book.

Dammit... I knew I was going wrong somewhere...

I can't be bothered to argue, i did it too much when i first got the internet. ha

oh very funni... >_<

Quote: ContainsNuts @ June 1, 2007, 3:43 PM

Lol.

There is so much story telling in rap. Their some of my favourite ones.

And as much as I like Rock music, think about all the rockers that O.D all the time!!

I noticed in your Intro thread, you don't like R&B.

Fair enough, but, lol, what am I doing?

Anyway, there would possibly be no Pop(as in Popular, Modern) music if it wasn't for R&B, rhythm & blues.

i spose there are some story line but half of em are about drugs!!! i agree that they do go over the top but i prefer old rock! not Nu-Metal

but andy, you like FOB! some of the most contrived music ever to involve monkeys in it's videos (and not just Mr. Wentz!) what you like in music, others won't-its the whole point!

Thats what i keep saying but everyone keeps calling me an Arrogant Worm I AM NOT A COW!

lol Oh the fun and frolics of the internet :D