giving reasons why RAP and Hip-Hop are dreadful!

Post away i wana see how many reasons we get!!!

1. There are no real instruments involved!! >_<

What the voice isn't an instrument? Shall we blast Acappella performances too?

What are these 'RAP' and 'Hip-Hop' things, of which you speak... ;)?

The new age stuff that is on all the radios at the moment. i.e. Eminiem URGH Whistling nnocently

Quote: ContainsNuts @ June 1, 2007, 3:02 PM

What the voice isn't an instrument? Shall we blast Acappella performances too?

I would hardly call the voice an instrument... more of the main thing isnt it??? if theres not a voice its not a song its a backing, by instruments i mean things that dont come of a £5 synsthzizer from the fair!

It isn't on my radio all the time cos I listen to Radio 2, Planet Rock and even XFM.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 1, 2007, 3:22 PM

It isn't on my radio all the time cos I listen to Radio 2, Planet Rock and even XFM.

yeah same but its hard to avoid when you go to school

You're only 13 so I'll forgive you for your ignorance.

I like Hip-Hop/Rap, but my musical taste spans over many genres.

But I'll agree, most of the rap you've probably heard is dreadful, P-Diddly-Widdly-Puff-Diddly-Daddy please, what a prick!

Well, i better tell the Beastie Boys, The Roots, Gym Class Heroes that all their work ammounts to nothing then. Rolling eyes

What an ignorant view but then again your 13. So, you'll soon learn.

I like all types of music.

its not ignorant its your view of music mine is different get over it

i dont see how you can like somethink that contains no sense

I'll stir fry you in my Wok, Beastie boys rule. Dr Dre has done some fantastic songs and NWA did have naughty language but was still excellent. I agree that newer forms of the genre don't quite live up to legends such as Warren G, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Erik B to name a few I have CD's of the stuff so I'm afraid I dont aagree wholey with this :D

Lots of rappers/musicians tell stories in the music, i think that makes sense enough.

p.s. Mighty Boosh doesn't make sense either. :P

i dont mind RUN DMC and people like that because they would mix with other genres for example they did fantastic work with aerosmith. its the new kind of things that i despise!

I was just listening to my NWA Straight outta compton album today. It's a delightful little romp.

"Life ain't nothing but bitches and money!"

That makes perfect sense to me.

hehe I just dont see any storyline in RAP in other music there are story lines take November rain, Dont Cry and Enstranged by GnR it was a triliogy telling the story of the sorrow of the band and there familys. They were also based on a book

De La Soul people! Tribe Called Quest! Pharcyde - have a whole song about "your mama" jokes. Tis hilarious.