Curb your Enthusiasm Season 8 Page 5

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 4 2011, 11:55 AM BST

I don't know, why?

Thought it may have been a first for Curb.

I suppose the hat the Leon convinces Kramer to wear in 'the table read' might count?

This has been a really good series on the whole, with only 1-2 to go. Not sure I can see it going on too much further though... could be wrapped up in 10.

It seems there has been less of an arc this season. Has the divorce been mentioned since the 1st episode?

Quote: jhmagic1 @ September 4 2011, 9:13 PM BST

It seems there has been less of an arc this season. Has the divorce been mentioned since the 1st episode?

I'm just glad his ex-wife hasn't been in it for ages.

Episode 7 was almost Genius (with Dave Gorman).

Janice Soprano also turns up in Woody Allen's Manhatten Murder Mystery.

Episode 9 was great.

The show has got even more absurd, but it's better for it. I'm so glad Larry split up with Cheryl, now he has nobody to "curb his enthusiasm"

I want a Leon and Larry spin off.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ September 7 2011, 11:32 PM BST

I want a Leon and Larry spin off.

Not sure that's how spin offs work,

Quote: jhmagic1 @ September 7 2011, 11:34 PM BST

Not sure that's how spin offs work,

I rips up the rule book, I brings the ruckus to the rule book.

That could be a line in the spin off.....

bill buckner was a great character. It's a shame he redeemed himself so fast. I'd like to see morea of him bumbling around.

Quote: Leevil @ September 8 2011, 2:05 AM BST

bill buckner was a great character. It's a shame he redeemed himself so fast. I'd like to see morea of him bumbling around.

I guess you mean fast as in the length of the show and not the 25 years he has been carry around that reputation?

They had to make him "redeem himself" for it to be funny, otherwise it is just the easy lazy joke that had been made countless times.

Awesome episode though, especially the interchange with Suzy asking Larry for a favour near the end.

Oh, I understand it had to be done and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was just commenting on how I enjoyed his presence is all.

They appear to have softened Suzy in some of the scenes so she's not just shouting all the time and that's no bad thing, Suzie Essme is a great comic talent.

The banter between Larry and Suzie is great. It was funny as hell when all she'd do is tell him to f**k off, but now there's a whole other dimension where they sorta get on but rag on each other. It's great.

Another Soprano, Jerry Adler (Hesh), turned up (and like Aida Turturro also in Manhatten Murder Mystery).

Larry's name-dropping shrink made me laugh as well.

I can't believe I'm the only person who misses Cheryl. It hasn't "hurt" the show as this series has been very good overall, but I miss the looks she used to give Larry.

It's interesting the way single Larry has slid into the Seinfeld model of goofy looking guys dating super hot women.