Hairdressers - Episode One Page 5

Quote: Leevil @ January 12 2011, 3:19 PM GMT

You can take it anyway you want, James (ooeerr). But really it was just an observation.

A good observation as I'm a big fan like I was saying.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 12 2011, 1:37 PM GMT

Yeah so I understand that people getting frustrated, but this seems to be getting a little aggressive from some sides (Ben. Naughty). This is just making me want to give Cotter a hug despite the fact he clearly can't accept negative criticism.

You tell me a performer who can take negative criticism? :)

Carry on like this, pay no attention to the haters, and you could be the Ed Wood of your time.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 12 2011, 4:08 PM GMT

Carry on like this, pay no attention to the haters, and you could be the Ed Wood of your time.

I wasn't saying that David just saying wouldn't it be more wrong if I didn't defend my work? And I have taken on some of your comments as previously discussed in this thread.

Yet again James you are prone to thanking people for their positive comments and knocking back the negative ones. Maybe it's the latter you need to be thanking people for - it's those you will learn from, if you'll allow yourself to.

Quote: Badge @ January 12 2011, 4:14 PM GMT

Yet again James you are prone to thanking people for their positive comments and knocking back the negative ones. Maybe it's the latter you need to be thanking people for - it's those you will learn from, if you'll allow yourself to.

Good point. But again to be fair I have agreed with several negative points as well.

Quote: Badge @ January 12 2011, 4:14 PM GMT

This!

Quote: dannyjb1 @ January 12 2011, 4:19 PM GMT

This!

Eh? ?

Meaning he's hit the nail on the head.

In many ways this is the post on this thread you should be paying the most attention to, don't just read it. Try and digest what he is trying to tell you.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 12 2011, 4:08 PM GMT

In fairness Ed Wood was both a decorated war hero, who also looked good in an angora sweater.

Neither of which Cotter has been able to prove he can do.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ January 12 2011, 4:27 PM GMT

Meaning he's hit the nail on the head.

In many ways this is the post on this thread you should be paying the most attention to, don't just read it. Try and digest what he is trying to tell you.

I get what he's saying and have already done something about it.

Quote: sootyj @ January 12 2011, 4:28 PM GMT

In fairness Ed Wood was both a decorated war hero, who also looked good in an angora sweater.

Neither of which Cotter has been able to prove he can do.

:D Very true don't do sweaters.

Anyway, shouldn't this be in Critique? Whistling nnocently

Quote: don rushmore @ January 12 2011, 1:43 PM GMT

It's good that you're blazing your own trail, James. Don't listen to the doom-mongers!

:) Thanks.

Quote: Badge @ January 12 2011, 5:00 PM GMT

Anyway, shouldn't I be in Critique? Whistling nnocently

I always thought of you as a sketchy character

Quote: Juan Kerr @ January 12 2011, 2:36 PM GMT

James

People only give up on something if its hard work. One should have to force themselves to endure something. If you do feel you are enduring it then that says it all. Comedy instinct kicks in instantly with a listener, and they judge that way very quickly.

Im sure most people aren't trying to be negative just to upset you - why would they? There is a lot of positive acclaim here when people experience accepted good comedy - expect the reverse though too when they are as keen.

I thought it hard work because as the audience, you have to try harder on radio and paint pictures in your mind. With Wayne being a 45 year old paedophile type - Im just confused! It seemed disjointed, hackneyed and a bit too 'dark' for my liking. It's probably a niche offering รก la League of Gentlemen (but not as good as that obviously).

I think you have to accept that it just didnt go down too well as a script here. You did ask for feedback after all. I gather you aren't the writer though (phew! eh?), and I see you took on the majority of the character roles - so good on you for that. Hopefully it will become more readily accepted as time progresses.

Of course you take the rough with the smooth when it comes to feedback I understand that. Like I said earlier the paedophile thing was a mistake on my part. The comedy is a bit dark and niche and if you don't like that type of humour that's fair enough it's not to everyone's tastes. Your right I am not the writer and the series does become more solid later on.