Hairdressers - Episode One Page 3

Quote: James Cotter @ January 12 2011, 12:13 PM GMT

I thought it was a very good idea that's never been fully done before. Great scripts which get better as the episodes go on. With the type of humour involved your going to get some people who don't like it though.

They aren't great scripts if this is anything to go by. The humour is just shit, James, it's not a case of getting it, you condescending idiot.

Quote: Juan Kerr @ January 11 2011, 10:16 PM GMT

I did...I listened to about 7 minutes and, unfortunately, found myself checking how long was left. Found it hard to follow and disjointed. Wayne sounded like a 45 year old paedophilic moron and not a young apprentice. All-in-all one or two sniggers but nothing more. It would appear my view is shared by others who have listened to it too.

Please take the critique constructively James.

So, as a learning tool, it provided me with some food for thought thanks.

He's is meant to be a 45 year old paedophilic moron that's the point. He's a trainee in his 40's who can't grasp the camp stuff. Jules as the boss who's obviously much younger then him bosses him about.

I'm glad you listened to at least half of it and you laughed at a few bits. In terms of taking on the criticism constructively I don't know want I am supposed take on board that you've said here. I'm not being defensive, well I am a bit but I really want to learn from any comments so could you explain what I can learn from. Was there anything in my performance that you think needs work for example :)

Quote: James Cotter @ January 12 2011, 12:40 PM GMT

I don't think that's very fair to criticise the episode without listing to the full thing yeah I know some of you will say if you don't hook them in the first minute or two your switch off but with the story line we've got all the vulgarity is explained quite well in later less vulgar scenes. In many way it's a parody of the show your actually criticising.

Well done.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 12 2011, 12:40 PM GMT

I don't think that's very fair to criticise the episode without listing to the full thing yeah I know some of you will say if you don't hook them in the first minute or two your switch off but with the story line we've got all the vulgarity is explained quite well in later less vulgar scenes. In many way it's a parody of the show your actually criticising.

Well done.

Quote: Ben @ January 12 2011, 12:56 PM GMT

They aren't great scripts if this is anything to go by. The humour is just shit, James, it's not a case of getting it, you condescending idiot.

:O I don't find comments like that very constructive Ben that's just being rude.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 12 2011, 12:58 PM GMT

He's is meant to be a 45 year old paedophilic moron that's the point. He's a trainee in his 40's who can't grasp the camp stuff. Jules as the boss who's obviously much younger then him bosses him about.

I'm glad you listened to at least half of it and you laughed at a few bits. In terms of taking on the criticism constructively I don't know want I am supposed take on board that you've said here. I'm not being defensive, well I am a bit but I really want to learn from any comments so could you explain what I can learn from. Was there anything in my performance that you think needs work for example :)

Why on earth take something as heavy as paedophilia as a light weight aside?

Quote: bushbaby @ January 12 2011, 9:50 AM GMT

I found it so boring

Huh? Okay any reasons for this?

Quote: James Cotter @ January 12 2011, 12:59 PM GMT

:O I don't find comments like that very constructive Ben that's just being rude.

You don't listen to sense, James, so why bother with courtesy?

Quote: Ben @ January 12 2011, 1:02 PM GMT

You don't listen to sense, James, so why bother with courtesy?

Your criticism of it being a gay stereotype I tried my best to answer without being rude back.

James,

Do you or have you ever considered some of the negative comments you are getting as being right?

It seems to me you pick up on people positives and hastily dismiss any negative comments as 'not getting it'. I liked it so they must be WRONG.

How many people will it to say the same thing before you go, you know they might have a point.

I echo Ben's frustration in reading your replies to people offering constructive critism.

But hey why not ignore this and blather on.

Danny

Quote: dannyjb1 @ January 12 2011, 1:09 PM GMT

James,

Do you or have you ever considered some of the negative comments you are getting as being right?

It seems to me you pick up on people positives and hastily dismiss any negative comments as 'not getting it'. I liked it so they must be WRONG.

How many people will it to say the same thing before you go, you know they might have a point.

I echo Ben's frustration in reading your replies to people offering constructive critism.

But hey why not ignore this and blather on.

Danny

I'm not accusing all of you of not getting it but some of you didn't purely because you didn't listen to it all so you accused of it being offencive without listening to the inbuilt explanation of the show stereotypical humour. If this was not addressed within the show then I would be wrong and I would admit that but myself and Sam knew some people would criticise the show for being stereotypical so we actually addressed this issue with later scenes which a lot of you didn't listen to on your own omissions. I am not ignoring criticism purely as you say by blathering on but answering each criticism asking what exactly I should learn from there comments.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 12 2011, 1:16 PM GMT

I'm not accusing all of you of not getting it but some of you didn't purely because you didn't listen to it all so you accused of it being offencive without listening to the inbuilt explanation of the show stereotypical humour. If this was not addressed within the show then I would be wrong and I would admit that but myself and Sam knew some people would criticise the show for being stereotypical so we actually addressed this issue with later scenes which a lot of you didn't listen to on your own omissions. I am not ignoring criticism purely as you say by blathering on but answering each criticism asking what exactly I should learn from there comments.

A await your constuctive reply to the points that sootyj raised on the previous page that you have yet to do so (and have negative points in).

But I tire of people giving you the same feedback time and time again on everything you do and you just dismissing it as 'wrong' or 'not getting it'.

Please take it all on board it will make you a better performer and a better writer, that's what people are trying to do here, nothing more.

Danny

Quote: dannyjb1 @ January 12 2011, 1:22 PM GMT

A await your constuctive reply to the points that sootyj raised on the previous page that you have yet to do so (and have negative points in).

But I tire of people giving you the same feedback time and time again on everything you do and you just dismissing it as 'wrong' or 'not getting it'.

Please take it all on board it will make you a better performer and a better writer, that's what people are trying to do here, nothing more.

Danny

I will get round to those.

When have you know me just to answer with one word? :)

I hope it will make me a better performer and writer but no ones actually commented on my performance or the production of the show just the humour.

Yeah so I understand that people getting frustrated, but this seems to be getting a little aggressive from some sides (Ben. Naughty). This is just making me want to give Cotter a hug despite the fact he clearly can't accept negative criticism.

The performance was generic camp, James, and no more. You didn't make it stand out.

It's good that you're blazing your own trail, James. Don't listen to the doom-mongers!