Text writing. Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ May 30, 2007, 11:51 AM

'Txt spk', however, is and will remain strictly banned in the rules. I'm going to start being stricter in enforcing this, which will involve account suspension if people persist in offending. This includes, but is certainly not limited to; gr8, m8, h8, l8, ne1, ru, ur, u, r, and so on and so forth.

Woohoo! I have that nice, warm feeling when the site admin is on your side :)

Dan

& so 4th....

Don't push your luck, boy-o!

Quote: Aaron @ May 30, 2007, 8:39 PM

Aaron u are a stuck up boring old twat that needs life and should go screw wheeler up the arse as ure both gay." - chipandale, 2006

Does this have anything to do with your aversion to txt spk?

Quote: Aaron @ May 30, 2007, 11:51 AM

I say "lol" (and it's "laugh out loud", damnit) all the time.

In response to the questions, things like BRB, LOL, HTH, ROFL, PSML and IMO (caps or otherwise), are old-school Internet acronyms, and thus are all fine.

'Txt spk', however, is and will remain strictly banned in the rules. I'm going to start being stricter in enforcing this, which will involve account suspension if people persist in offending. This includes, but is certainly not limited to; gr8, m8, h8, l8, ne1, ru, ur, u, r, and so on and so forth.

Lordy me. I had best behave then. Cant recall using any (ur, u, r's) since the very first ever time, when I was severly chastised. I will not give you an excuse to suspend me nor expell me Sir. Here I have bought you an apple. Does that make me teacher's pet now.
*big pleading eyeballs*

Quote: charley rance @ May 31, 2007, 6:39 PM

Lordy me. I had best behave then. Cant recall using any (ur, u, r's) since the very first ever time, when I was severly chastised. I will not give you an excuse to suspend me nor expell me Sir. Here I have bought you an apple. Does that make me teacher's pet now.
*big pleading eyeballs*

If it was KFC, then yes. An apple, maybe. Depends how tasty it is.

Quote: Badge @ May 31, 2007, 1:53 AM

Does this have anything to do with your aversion to txt spk?

Quite possibly.

Actually, yes. I think I warned him.

Sorry for missing all this. Have been busy.

Totally agree with Aaron and Charley. I remember she did walk the plank in one 'pirate' based thread way back yonder over the Great (Formatting) War and I had to intervene then. But I am amazed at how things come in circles. Now this time, Charley is the forum cop. Good on you, you are an undisputed pillar of BSG ... whereas I'm just a pillock.

:D

Well, no argument here. ;)