General, General Thread Page 2,691

Quote: Oldrocker @ 11th March 2014, 10:14 PM GMT

Try it !

You might like it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj2aPiwqegw

Sorry - no.

Big fan of Free and got some of his solo stuff too as well as Bad Co. But that just sounds crap.

Not that I don't like Queen. Loved 7 seas of Rye, One Vision, Now I'm Here.

Did he do any of them?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th March 2014, 9:38 PM GMT

He looks like an eejit.

Gordon, seriously, how come you've such a brilliant command of English?

Thanks. The last ten years of watching British sitcoms left a mark on me. The word eejit is one of my favourite Father Ted expressions. My grammar is still shit.

I think you speak English perfectly.

Thanks, as long as I keep my senteces short and I don't get involved in heated philosophical or political debates everything's ok.

Quote: zooo @ 11th March 2014, 11:55 PM GMT

I think you speak English perfectly.

He learn it from a book . .

Lol. You naughty moose.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th March 2014, 11:40 PM GMT

Thanks. The last ten years of watching British sitcoms left a mark on me. The word eejit is one of my favourite Father Ted expressions. My grammar is still shit.

I haven't been aware of grammatical errors.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th March 2014, 11:40 PM GMT

My Swiss is practically perfect :)

This is a damn cool house. Shame the owner ruins it by wearing a terrible Pierre Cardin t-shirt in it.

http://tinyurl.com/oqfmal6

"A primary school nurse was driving through a country lane about six weeks after Myra Hindley was supposedly pronounced dead. It was night time and the nurse's car was suddenly hit in the back by another vehicle.

"The woman driver who hit her got out of her car and came to talk to the nurse.

"The nurse looked carefully, recognised the woman as Myra Hindley and said: 'Oh my God you're Myra Hindley.'

"The woman burst into tears and replied 'you can't say that, you can't say that' and drove off hurriedly.

"The nurse however, noted the registration number of the car and upon returning home called the police. She recounted what had happened, telling them that it was 'Myra Hindley' at the wheel of the other car.

"The police visited the nurse the following day but rather than assist her with noting an accident, they scared and intimidated her.

"They asked her to withdraw the accident claim and report, and suggested instead that the incident had 'never happened'.

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th March 2014, 10:31 PM GMT

"A primary school nurse was driving through a country lane about six weeks after Myra Hindley was supposedly pronounced dead. It was night time and the nurse's car was suddenly hit in the back by another vehicle.

"The woman driver who hit her got out of her car and came to talk to the nurse.

"The nurse looked carefully, recognised the woman as Myra Hindley and said: 'Oh my God you're Myra Hindley.'

"The woman burst into tears and replied 'you can't say that, you can't say that' and drove off hurriedly.

"The nurse however, noted the registration number of the car and upon returning home called the police. She recounted what had happened, telling them that it was 'Myra Hindley' at the wheel of the other car.

"The police visited the nurse the following day but rather than assist her with noting an accident, they scared and intimidated her.

"They asked her to withdraw the accident claim and report, and suggested instead that the incident had 'never happened'.

Lofty not this shit again please

"A comedy fan was driving through a country lane about six weeks after Chipolata was supposedly pronounced dead. It was night time and the nurse's car was suddenly hit in the back by another vehicle.

"The male driver who hit her got out of his car and came to talk to the nurse.

"The nurse looked carefully, recognised the man as Chipolata and said: 'Oh my God you're Chipolata.'

"The man burst into tears and replied 'you can't say that, you can't say that' and drove off hurriedly.

"The nurse however, noted the registration number of the car and upon returning home called the police. She recounted what had happened, telling them that it was 'Chipolata' at the wheel of the other car.

s/police/BCG_clique/

Somebody writing about the langwidge.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/11/pronunciation-errors-english-language