Help me to remember

This is probably going to be too vague but I have seen a few people get help on here.

I am trying to remember a sitcom that was re-aired recently (last 5years) as a one off after originally being cancelled in the 1980s when it was first aired. It was about a man being God or viewing the world as if he was God?

When you say it was "re-aired recently as a one off", do you mean that the series received a repeat - and only one - (and on TV?), or that just one episode did?

They just showed the first episode. I think because the main actor had died it may have been shown after an episode of Comedy Connections.

I seem to remember that there was some kind of controversy around the content which was the reason it was cancelled half way through the series the first time round.

What/who was the Comedy Connections about? Might lead us to a clue.

This is why I can't remember as I didn't watch it. Just the show they played after.

The only thing I can think was it was the first time it had been aired since it was originally shown.

What did the main actor look like?

Tall man grey hairprobably early 50s

When you say 'just showed', when exactly and what channel?

when I said just showed I meant they on the occassion I am talking about when the show was aired for the first time since it was cancelled.

I should say "They only Showed"

Huh?

It's originally from the '80s, Rocker!

Like he says in the first post.

He happened to see a repeated episode recently.

Oldrocker, Automaton stated in the original post that it was shown some time in the past 5 years.

So the star died about 5 or so years ago... *thinks*

The only death I can think of that was commemmorated with a Comedy Connections episode was that of producer Geoffrey Perkins. I can't think that his TV career stretched as far back as the 1980s though, and he certainly wasn't a star (KYTV appearances aside).

Plenty of people are remembered with their own specials (Norman Wisdom, Ronnie Barker, Mollie Sugden), but none that I can think of match the descriptions above.

I can only think of Dermot Morgan as a grey hair man in his 50s who died and was featured on that series.