Work Experience Page 5

Quote: Marc P @ December 21 2010, 1:31 PM GMT

What about something like this James?

http://vimeo.com/18047618

I'll take it down if you want. :)

Particularly like the closing credits. :D

The full four minute film is now online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBDx2RYfyiQ

I enjoyed it James. It seemed very quiet though.

Quote: jacparov @ January 1 2011, 1:39 PM GMT

I enjoyed it James. It seemed very quiet though.

:) Thank you. I thought that too. The ambient noise is almost non-existent; at least you can hear the dialogue clearly.

It was a bit too Peep Show, but I expect most student films are derivative of their influences. I liked the bloke playing your boss, James.

Quote: Ben @ January 1 2011, 2:21 PM GMT

It was a bit too Peep Show, but I expect most student films are derivative of their influences. I liked the bloke playing your boss, James.

Fair point. Anthony was very good wasn't he? He played a smarmy boss well.

The teaser trailer doesn't fulfil it's purpose, James. Out of interest, have you ever thought of teaming up with Mikey J?

This comment doesn't seem to fulfil its purpose either.

Clearly it's come kind of ribbing as it was followed by Tim's stifled titters, but...

...I don't get the joke. (scratches head)

I don't mind been ribbed, but surely the "subject" of the ribbing should at least be able to tell from the context of the comment exactly what the ribbing is directed at.

Saw this James, thought you did some good acting in it. Well done.

Quote: Marc P @ January 2 2011, 11:48 AM GMT

Saw this James, thought you did some good acting in it. Well done.

:) Thank you very much Marc.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 1 2011, 12:54 PM GMT

The full four minute film is now online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBDx2RYfyiQ

There's certainly a star in your future, James.

Let's hope that star is on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and not a McDonald's name tag.

Enjoyed.

Quote: don rushmore @ January 2 2011, 4:36 PM GMT

There's certainly a star in your future, James.

Let's hope that star is on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and not a McDonald's name tag.

Enjoyed.

:) Thank you, I think.

Was indeed a compliment, your performance skills have improved greatly since 'Back to Class'.

Don't think you're too far away now from receiving regular paid acting work.

Quote: don rushmore @ January 3 2011, 3:56 PM GMT

Was indeed a compliment, your performance skills have improved greatly since 'Back to Class'.

Don't think you're too far away now from receiving regular paid acting work.

:D Thank you very much I've done a few paid acting jobs in the last couple of months with a few more on the way. Just out of interest how do you think I've improved since Back to Class? In what way?

Without wishing to sound vague, I think in the past you had a slight tendency to overact; your performance here is reined in somewhat: it's considered and believable.

Do you take acting lessons or are you self-taught?

Quote: don rushmore @ January 3 2011, 7:40 PM GMT

Without wishing to sound vague, I think in the past you had a slight tendency to overact; your performance here is reined in somewhat: it's considered and believable.

Do you take acting lessons or are you self-taught?

Thanks. I agree I have certainly overacted in the past with certain roles so it's good for me to take on more roles which I don't have to.

I'm mainly self-taught although I am part of a drama company having been in two of their plays and I am at a musical society and about to be in there production of Jesus Christ Superstar at the Northcott. So I've hade some informal training like be on stage at The Princess Theatre Torquay for a week in Agatha Christie, learnt a lot from that with the actors I was working with.