A bombardment of Town Heads.

A woman lounging on the couch, on the phone to NHS DIRECT .

Operator
Hello NHS direct. How can I help you.

Woman
I need to speak to a Doctor or nurse please. It is quite important

Operator
What is the problem.

Woman
Well my husband’s head seems to have fell off.

Pan to woman holding her husbands head in her arms.

Operator
Well we are very busy at the moment it may take up to 80 minutes to get a call back. I will Mark you as a 2. The marking system goes from 1 if the person is dying up to 10 for a grazed knee.

Woman
But his head has fallen off.

Operator
Well he is dead DUH! That means no rush to help him.

Woman
He is perfectly alive I can assure you.

Operator
What without an attached head.

Woman
Would you like to speak to him, hold on

Woman puts the phone to the mans head.

Man
Hello my head seems to have fallen away from my body. I think I need to speak to someone as soon as possible.

Woman lifts the phone back to her ear.

Woman
Are we still marked at a 2.

Operator
No you are now a 4. The head spoke so that means his breathing is fine. You will receive a call within 120 minutes. Bye now.

2 hours later the phone rings

Woman
Hello

Nurse
Hello there, This is a nurse. I am returning your call to NHS Direct. How is your husbands head.

Woman
Well it is still away from his body.

Nurse
Ok right, is your husband able to talk

Woman
Hold on he is sleeping I will just wake him up.

Woman picks up her husbands head from under her arm and starts shaking it violently. His eyes open, roll about for a while then he awakens.

Woman
Right he is awake now, I will just put him on

Woman puts her husbands head on top of hers

Woman
Right I am wearing him now. He is on.

Nurse
I really would like to speak to your husband please.

Woman
*Tsk*. Puts him on her lap and places the phone to his ear.

Man
(sleepy voice) Hello

Nurse
I understand from your wife that your head has fallen off.

Man
(Yawns) Yes, I am afraid so. Clean off.

Nurse
Are you suffering from any dizzy spells

Man
Nah

Nurse
What is your body doing

Pans to his body, which is lying in a crumpled heap on the floor

Man
Erm! Not a lot really

Nurse
Is your head swollen at all

Man
No I don’t think so.

Nurse
Are you in any pain

Man
Surprisingly No actually

Nurse
Are you on any medication

Man
Umm yes I am. I am taking gongameenaluna.

Nurse
Ahhh! Gongameenaluna.

Man
Yes gongameenaluna. Does that explain anything

Nurse
No not at all I am afraid. I have no idea why gongameenaluna tablets would cause your head to fall off.

Man
Oh!

Nurse
So you are not dizzy, or swollen or in any pain. Your breathing is fine beacause you are speaking.

Man
That’s correct.

Nurse
So apart from the fact that your head has fell away from your body you are in perfect health.

Man
Perfecto

Nurse
Right. All I can say is should any of the symptoms you dont appear to have become apparent, please call NHS Direct again. You are now marked at a 10. A call back will take around 3 days ok. Now if you dont mind I am hanging up. There could be some person who is realy sick trying to get through. (mutters time wasting decapitated freak)under her breath.

Charley, I have to confess not to reading all the other town head stuff, but I can safely say that this one made me cackle with fun early on. But... and there is a but... once the basic head premise is done, I'm not sure it goes anywhere. Would work better as a quickie IMO. But a very good quickie, no question.

Thankyou much for your feedback Badge.I totaly see where you are coming from with your BUT.. LOL. not your arse. I am watching remember and I can see you are sitting on that right now

The thing is Town Heads is a series of different sketches that need to be a minimum of 5 mins long right up to a max of 15 mins. I kind of have to drag them out a bit.

*shrugs*

Whats a girl to do when she needs more length.

Surely when you've done the head that's everyone satisfied?

Laughing out loud

Oiiii! 2 heads are better than one surely. I want a bit of head done too. *tsk* men are soooooooo shellfish

sorry, i've fallen asleep already

Well thats ok. Roll face up please. I am climbing aboard.

give me ten minutes... I'm not as young as I was

Hurry up man, or i will use the back of your head and you may scuffocate.

I might suffocate face up as well

LOL. No I will leave you some breathing room.I am a lot of things but a scufocator to a guy that is felating I am not.

I'm confused now. Isn't fellatio always done to a fella?

Yes like cunnilingus is always done to a C***.

Terrible word that. Dont tell anyone i almost typed it. Please Badge. I will do ANYTHING if you just dont tell.

I loved this & I loved the way it was written. Well done:D

Most of us at some time have to ring NHS direct & the calm way the woman deals with her husband`s problem adds to the impact.

"Well my husband`s head seems to have fallen off."

A genius line.

Clearly visual & surreal, but with its feet in the reality that even if your head happens to become detached from your body, it`s not classed as an emergency hits the spot for me:D

Awwww! Fankoo Jude. That was a lurrrrvely post. I feel all a glow inside. Hmmmmmm! Maybe I should take out that lit candle.
Thanks again. Mucho appreciated.xx