That Friday Quiz Page 151

3 Smog

6 Chandelier

19. Chelsea

Quote: JohnnyD @ 18th July 2015, 10:04 AM BST

19. Chelsea

I can see maybe the Chelsea Bun, but not the rest. :S Can you run those by me please? :)

9 The Sweeney (Todd)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th July 2015, 11:49 AM BST

I can see maybe the Chelsea Bun, but not the rest.

(Plum) Duff
(Art) Deco
Hazard
Oscar
Jeremy (sp)

Ah! Ta! Thought that "Chelsea Bun" was a bit watery. Whistling nnocently

Bored at work
Now what shall I do to pass the time....

Friday Quiz March 6th 2015
1. Evidence of one of the oldest human beings has been found in which country? Ethiopia
2. Which foreign leader gave a speech to the US Congress this week? Benjamin Netanyahu
3. What four-letter word for air pollution found in large urban areas was first coined in 1905? Smog
4. Name the film Deliverance

5. 33 copper miners survived for 69 days underground following a mining accident in which country? Chile
6. Which word describes a branched, decorative ceiling-mounted light fixture? Chandelier
7. What city, whose name is a familiar sight on the British High Street, is the capital of a Spanish autonomous community? Santander
8. What was the name of the 2012 feelgood French drama about a quadriplegic millionaire who hires a streetwise African to be his carer? Untouchable
9. What links these two pictures? Sweeney (Michael Ball played Sweeney Todd and Garfield Morgan starred in The Sweeney)

10. Who is this? FKA Twigs
11. Which traditional English drink, probably introduced from France in the 12th century, has a name derived from the Latin for 'strong drink'? Cider
12. Which was the only country to compete in all 26 sports at the 2012 London Olympics? Great Britain
13. Name the artist? David Hockney
14. With basements extending way underground, which London building was the largest building constructed in the UK in the 20th century? The British Library
15. Which Australian was the top-placed teen musician in Heat magazine's 101 Hottest hunks of 2014? Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer
16. In which animated film do a 10-year-old and her parents enter a magical world where her parents are turned into pigs? Spirited Away
17. Can you name the traditional tune from the extract below: Three Blind Mice

18. In the Middle Ages, Cornwall had a dragon. Sir Galahad was sent to kill the dragon. This dragon had 3 heads and 3 tails. If one head is chopped off a new one grows, also, if one tail is chopped off two new ones grow. If Sir Galahad chops off two tails, one new head grows. But fortunately, if two heads are chopped off, nothing new grows. Sir Galahed has borrowed Excalibur which with one blow can either remove one head or two heads, or one tail or two tails, but never a combo of a head and a tail in one blow. What is the minimum number of strokes needed by Sir Galahad to chop off all the heads and the tails of the dragon, thereby killing it? 9 strokes (see below)

19. What connection links these pictures: Notable Chelsea players (Deco; Hazard; Oscar; Duff; Geremi)

20. Unscramble the two connected words : A C D E I I J L N S S U V JAVELIN & DISCUS
Maths answer:
Sir Galahad managed it in nine strokes.
The best way to achieve this is that all of the tails must be converted to heads in such a way that the dragon is left with an even number of heads.
So, first convert the three tails to six tails by using three one-tail strokes, then converting the six tails to three heads via three two-tail strokes. Finally, the now six-headed dragon can be killed with three two-head strokes.
Thus, total of nine strokes to chop off all heads and tails of the dragon.

Well now you have done that, how about tidying your bloody desk up - it looks an absolute mess!!

:D
You're not wrong

13 Pitcher plant

17 Leon Trotsky

5. Goldeneye

12.Vitali Klitschko

19. Nobel Peace Prize recipients.

10. Opera Cake

Free for all
I messaged myself two more quiz links so I'll post them over the weekend

We all love the easter quiz in July right guys?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 25th July 2015, 3:09 AM BST

Free for all
I messaged myself two more quiz links so I'll post them over the weekend

We all love the easter quiz in July right guys?

Sure. We have Christmas in July so why not Easter as well.

6 Scruffts