Favourite TV Comedy 2010

OK, it's time to reflect. Name your two favourite TV comedy shows for 2010.(Feel free to give detailed explanation.) I'll start the ball rolling.

1) CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, Season 7. It's incredible and still miles ahead of every other sitcom. Funniest moment? That's easy. Larry dangling from a roof and trying to hang on to his assistant's podgy belly. The storyline, as always, was sublime.

2) AN IDIOT ABROAD - KARL PILKINGTON. I knew this was going to be good, but it turned out to be a classic. It deserves to win many awards. I need a sequel.

Okay, my top five of this year (in no particular order):

30 Rock.
Miranda.
The Inbetweeners.
Modern Family.

I will think about the 5th place.

Bennidorm and Idiot Abroad for me.

Yet to see any of this year's 30 Rock, so, off the top of my head and probably forgetting something:

Curb 7: After drifting slightly, the Seinfeld season got me right back into it; was amazing.

Modern Family: Brilliant characters, warm and funny.

Rev and The Trip for me from the UK. And 30 Rock and Modern Family from the US.

Rev.

By far and away the funniest show I've watched in the last couple of years.

Quote: michael b @ December 3 2010, 12:07 PM GMT

1) CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, Season 7. Funniest moment? That's easy. Larry dangling from a roof and trying to hang on to his assistant's podgy belly.

That scene is my least favourite of the series. It's silly and unbelievable - even in the world of Curb.

A good year for BBC sitcoms so far, my favourites -
The Trip
Rev
Roger & Val
Him & Her
And that pilot Sarah & Susan? or something. Was good.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 4 2010, 12:04 PM GMT

And that pilot Sarah & Susan? or something. Was good.

Lizzie and Sarah - the Jessica Hynes and Julia Davis one?

That seems like ages ago!
But apparently it was indeed 2010.

Mmm... Tough question! Too hard actually - I can't pick!

It's been a good year for comedy. Off the top of my head here's some of my personal TV highlights: The Inbetweeners, Rev, Miranda, Whites, Outnumbered, Peep Show, Would I Lie To You?, The Great Outdoors, Mongrels, Getting On, Ideal, Grandma's House, Psychoville...

(P.S. Voting for the Comedy.co.uk Awards 2010 starts on New Year's Day)

Quote: don rushmore @ December 3 2010, 2:17 PM GMT

That scene is my least favourite of the series. It's silly and unbelievable - even in the world of Curb.

Don, thanks for that unsolicited comment. I appreciate your important contribution. Now what are YOUR favourites? Don't be shy.

Cheeky blighter.

I don't watch much TV, but Entourage gets my vote for comedy of the year.

Roger & Val Have Just Got In, with Rev as a very close runner-up. Strongest returns have been The Inbetweeners and Outnumbered.

Quote: Mark @ December 4 2010, 2:14 PM GMT

Mmm... Tough question! Too hard actually - I can't pick!

It's been a good year for comedy. Off the top of my head here's some of my personal TV highlights: The Inbetweeners, Rev, Miranda, Whites, Outnumbered, Peep Show, Would I Lie To You?, The Great Outdoors, Mongrels, Getting On, Ideal, Grandma's House, Psychoville...

(P.S. Voting for the Comedy.co.uk Awards 2010 starts on New Year's Day)

Not a fan of U.S. comedy, Mark?