Favourite TV Comedy 2010 Page 4

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 27 2010, 9:35 PM GMT

AnD as long as they're funded by the licence fee, it won't producing a vast quanity of shit akin to ITV.

The BBC gave us 'Two Pints of Lager' - the broadcast equivalent of pissing upon the broken body of Christ.

Nothing they EVER do will make things better or worse for them.

There's no reason to keep handing over our money.

Quote: dellas @ December 27 2010, 10:26 PM GMT

:$ I am not a fan of US comedy.

Yeah, they're shit at it, not like us.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 27 2010, 9:35 PM GMT

AnD as long as they're funded by the licence fee, it won't producing a vast quanity of shit akin to ITV.

Obviously you've never seen BBC Three, the worst channel ever put out in this country.
With ITV you can turn it off, but with BBC you still have to pay for this crap.
ITV = lowest common denominator
BBC = lowest common denominator plus politically correct indoctrination.

Yeah, let's destroy The BBC, great idea.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 27 2010, 11:21 PM GMT

Yeah, let's destroy The BBC, great idea.

We should teach the f**kers a lesson for giving us Radio 4, The Thick of It, Pulling, Sherlock, Being Human, Screenwipe... the shits.

Yes, the BBC gave us 'The Thick of It' and Hitler made the trains run on time.

Right.

If you think the BBC is so good there is an easy solution, make it a subscription service like HBO and see how many would willingly pay for it.

The idea that the entire population should be compulsorily taxed in order to be given what an elite decides to give them is extraordinary.

Nor can the argument that the BBC stands for 'quality' or 'standards' be maintained. Not even the BBC argues that anymore. Their argument seems to be now merely we'll give you the same old crap only without ad breaks (and with added brainwashing, which seems to have worked on some).
Having abolished comedy from the mainstream to after the watershed (as can be seen by them having to scramble around to find old 70s sitcoms the only things suitable to show in the early evening), the BBC 'mainstream' now exists only of food programmes, miserable PC soap operas and sadistic game shows. One might find all this rubbish on commercial channels, but at least you would not go to prison for refusing to pay for it.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ December 27 2010, 11:30 PM GMT

Yes, the BBC gave us 'The Thick of It' and Hitler made the trains run on time.

You mean Mussolini.

Quote: chipolata @ December 27 2010, 11:27 PM GMT

We should teach the f**kers a lesson for giving us Radio 4, The Thick of It, Pulling, Sherlock, Being Human, Screenwipe... the shits.

That feeble list really proves the point.

Quote: Cheesehoven @ December 27 2010, 11:34 PM GMT

If you think the BBC is so good there is an easy solution, make it a subscription service like HBO and see how many would willingly pay for it.

No, let's keep it how it is.

Quote: Cheesehoven @ December 27 2010, 11:35 PM GMT

Wow, you have really bad taste...

;)

Quote: Cheesehoven @ December 27 2010, 11:35 PM GMT

Errr

Quote: chipolata @ December 27 2010, 11:34 PM GMT

You mean Mussolini.

Okay, Mussolini gave us 'The Thick of It' and Hitler made the trains run on time.

Quote: Griff @ December 27 2010, 11:40 PM GMT

A while back I'd have bothered arguing with this. Now I just take solace in the fact that Mr.Cheesehoven almost certainly has no influence of any kind in the real world (otherwise he wouldn't be posting on here) and his views won't affect anything, so it doesn't matter one jot. Keep it coming Mr.C !

Oh how you've grown Mr Griff. For the better? I don't know. I just don't know...