The Worst Week Of My Life

I have just been watching The Worst Week Of My Life again. It is so funny. Wish they had made more...

Quote: rob d @ November 30 2010, 2:06 PM GMT

I have just been watching The Worst Week Of My Life again. It is so funny. Wish they had made more...

Yeah, same here!

The Christmas editions are actually due to be repeated this festive period on BBC Two I believe.

I have them all on DVD as well, sort of an English Meet The Parents but even better IMO. Finished at right time though, left the audience wanting more.

Quote: peter gazzard @ November 30 2010, 9:19 PM GMT

I have them all on DVD as well, sort of an English Meet The Parents but even better IMO. Finished at right time though, left the audience wanting more.

Lol, there is really no "sort of" about it. In that light though there is some good news as a new Meet the Parents movie is coming out around Christmas, Little Fockers.

I am just on the second series then on to the Christmas ones, which were so funny. Never tire of watching these.

Really funny series. Some of the situatuons should have seemed OTT and ridiculous but they were always funny.

Also think it went out before it got tired. 2 series and 3 specials kept it fresh.

Just enjoyed the DVD of series one! Did anyone know that the 'Emmerdale' Soap 'borrowed' a few ideas from it for their 'stalker' plot of 2009?

Quote: peter gazzard @ November 30 2010, 10:19 PM BST

I can't help but feel Meet the Parents nicked some of the ideas of Worst Week of My Life even up to casting a Stiller instead of a Miller.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ December 8 2010, 4:21 AM BST

Also think it went out before it got tired. 2 series and 3 specials kept it fresh.

And this.

Quote: peter gazzard @ November 30 2010, 10:19 PM BST

Yes, I agree with this.

Yes, was excellent. One of the best sitcoms of recent years. Had quite a Basil Fawlty feel to it to me - the lying and the attempt at covering up the lies.

Those scenes in the lift really 'sent me' with that other couple hardly able to keep their faces straight whilst hearing all that 'stuff' about the 'affair'.

Quote: Synaesthesia @ July 18 2011, 2:48 PM BST

Those scenes in the lift really 'sent me' with that other couple hardly able to keep their faces straight whilst hearing all that 'stuff' about the 'affair'.

What stuff about whose affair? This was broadcast quite a time ago, so it's better to be specific.

Sorry Tim! The scene in the early part of episode one where Howard chases Cassie into the office lift and she let's 'rip' with her fantasies in front of two other passengers in the lift! I was watching it again on DVD! Hence it bieng 'recent' to me!

Quote: Ben700 @ February 17 2013, 12:29 AM GMT

Sarah Alexander has a pretty good comedy CV - what with Coupling, Green Wing, Smack The Pony and this!

One thing undermines your point, and it's called 'Me and Mrs Jones'.

Just watched Series 1 back to back.

Cringingly funny!