What are you listening to now? Page 647

Miles Davis--Porgy and Bess

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 17 2009, 12:56 AM BST

Miles Davis--Porgy and Bess

Niiiccce...

He's the best...

Cool

Can anyone tell me why this song was said to have played a part in the break-up of the Stone Roses: Bobby Byrd - Hot Pants(i'm coming)

Quote: catskillz @ July 17 2009, 1:12 AM BST

Can anyone tell me why this song was said to have played a part in the break-up of the Stone Roses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYl4nAWiShc

It wasn't available on YouTube?

It's fixed.

Is it?

Yeah, it's working.

The song is said to have played a part in drummer Reni leaving in '95. Then, a year later, the other members split.

Did they use a drum loop/sample from this instead of him, didn't tell him, then he found out about it?

Or maybe it was a "secret" code-song between one member who was f**king another's missus?

(There's also influence in the lead guitar licks and bass lines with the Roses' music, but wouldn't know why that would cause a problem. I thought they split finally because the money situation had been completely f**ked due to the contractual problems leading to the wait for 'The Second Coming'? Hey-ho.)

I just bought Truth by Jeff Beck. Never heard it before. Sounds a bit dated and ropey which is a shame considering the band playing.

Whatever I have on my Myspace and the whiring of the computer....

Ella Fitzgerald--The Complete Ella in Berlin

Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown

Quote: Yatta @ July 18 2009, 1:57 PM BST

Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown

Great cd!!!