What are you listening to now? Page 299

Quote: Winterlight @ July 20 2008, 8:55 PM BST

There is room for misery as well as fun in life, Aaron.

Hey, looking like me, I don't need any telling.

Quote: Winterlight @ July 20 2008, 9:01 PM BST

Are you Richard O' Brian? Or Eddie 'Tenpole' Tudor?

I'm O'Brian; I'm old school brother.

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2008, 9:02 PM BST

Hey, looking like me, I don't need any telling.

You will tire of this self deprecating humour one day, Aaron. I did.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 20 2008, 8:58 PM BST

I'm talking about a mega succesful band giving their album away with a paper, and a shit paper at that. But need the money or not, giving it away with a paper is tacky to me, that's all. Stick up for your good buddies all you like, but I think we're really not talking about the same thing here.

I understand what you're saying. But what we have is a multi-billion dollar industry that basically saw the bottom fall out overnight. Bands and the industry are throwing all kinds of stuff against the wall to see what sticks. NIN gave away free albums, Radiohead did the "name your price" thing and other bands are discovering the big money to be made from getting their songs on Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I'm fine with it as long as there's good music to be had.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 20 2008, 8:59 PM BST

You can buy empty plastic cases.

But you can't buy the high-quality printed inserts, nor can you otherwise get the disc without the paper's logo and shizzle printed on it.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ July 20 2008, 9:01 PM BST

I vote Thru The Eyes of Ruby!

Ooh and By Starlight kills me every time.

Quote: Winterlight @ July 20 2008, 9:03 PM BST

I'm not joking.

Quote: DaButt @ July 20 2008, 9:04 PM BST

I understand what you're saying. But what we have is a multi-billion dollar industry that basically saw the bottom fall out overnight. Bands and the industry are throwing all kinds of stuff against the wall to see what sticks. NIN gave away free albums, Radiohead did the "name your price" thing and other bands are discovering the big money to be made from getting their songs on Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I'm fine with it as long as there's good music to be had.

Chrit-putting it on Guitar Hero-thats even worse than a paper! Aren't Metallica putting out a Guitar Hero version of their new album on the day of release?? I think there are avenues to explore, as Radiohead and NIN have done-but with a newspaper? Dear God . . .

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2008, 9:06 PM BST

I'm not joking.

You're gonna be whipped. Whipped I tell you!

Quote: DaButt @ July 20 2008, 9:04 PM BST

I'm fine with it as long as there's good music to be had.

Again, the voice of reason.

Who'd a-thunk it, coming from a Yank? ;)

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2008, 9:04 PM BST

But you can't buy the high-quality printed inserts,

Yep-gotta have those high quality printed inserts!!
:D

Quote: Winterlight @ July 20 2008, 9:03 PM BST

Same here. I've switched to self-defecating humor and I shit on myself at every opportunity.

Quote: ian_w @ July 20 2008, 9:07 PM BST

You're gonna be whipped. Whipped I tell you!

Possibly. The scarring might be an improvement.

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2008, 9:06 PM BST

I'm not joking.

Maybe not, but why do you need to make sure everyone knows that you 'know' you're a mess.

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2008, 9:07 PM BST

Again, the voice of reason.

Who'd a-thunk it, coming from a Yank? ;)

Its about having self respect for yourself as an artist Aaron. There are ways to get your music out there-I think through The Mail is a pretty tawdry way to go about it.