What are you listening to now? Page 1,499

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th September 2022, 6:21 PM

I will always thank the Gods of Music that I was 16 in '76.
Still sends shivers down my spine.

A bit older than you and I didn't go to as many gigs as I wish I had but I bought loads of the early Punk singles on Stiff, Chiswick, Step Forward etc.

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th September 2022, 6:21 PM

I will always thank the Gods of Music that I was 16 in '76.
Still sends shivers down my spine.

I saw Showaddywaddy at Wimbledon Theatre in 1976.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th September 2022, 10:24 PM

I saw Showaddywaddy at Wimbledon Theatre in 1976.

You lucky lucky bastard

One of the bands who started well and got better:

Quote: WasMrApollo @ 20th September 2022, 4:07 AM

One of the bands who started well and got better:

I've liked their albums well enough for the last 40+ years, but I don't listen to them all that much. I don't rate their live performances very highly, and I've always preferred The Who, The Stones, Pink Floyd, etc.

Etc...? :)
I've had lots of pub discussions aka arguments about Pink Floyd.I've tried to like them but after about ten minutes I've had enough.

I don't know, young people today...

Quote: WasMrApollo @ 20th September 2022, 5:53 AM

I've had lots of pub discussions aka arguments about Pink Floyd.I've tried to like them but after about ten minutes I've had enough.

Pink Floyd are one of the biggest "offenders" in the "you have to listen to the entire album" genre. It's very much mood music and not always appropriate for everyday listening.

My neighbor's wife had an ex-boyfriend who loved Pink Floyd, so she hates them. They're one of her husband's favorite bands, so we have to listen to them when she's not around. One day we were standing in front of their garage while a Pink Floyd song was playing, and she quietly opened the upstairs window and dumped a glass of water on my head.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th September 2022, 11:06 AM

I don't know, young people today...

You can always expect to be creeped out by a Die Antwoord video.

dumped a glass of water on my head.

:) some people get blamed for everything.

I've listened to this chap for years but I've only recently discovered that his sister is Gabrielle Drake.
Sexy actress of UFO fame.

Gorgeous track.

Prunes are good for you.

I am listening to Joy Division, Closer. It is total and utter f**king shit. F**k me, do you moan, groan, gripe, whine and whinge, you boring c**t! F**k me, I thought I was grumpy, you make Sylvia Plath sound like Baby Spice. Thank f**k you didn't make a third f**king album or we'd all be hanging ourselves. F**k you, you tedious, two-timing, still-thinks-Nazism-is-cool-didn't-f**king-work-for-Enoch-f**king-Powell asshole! Without you, Gillian Gilbert would still be on the f**king dole where she f**king belongs!

Quote: WasMrApollo @ 23rd September 2022, 9:27 PM

Prunes are good for you.

Great band. And "Get me to the world on time".

I saw Fontaines DC last night. Excellent, as always.