Cotter spotter Page 8

Quote: Will Cam @ March 26 2013, 9:37 PM GMT

So this is what some of you have done to keep the lad away :O

http://youtu.be/kFUebMC42UY

\

His name in that is Robert Bestford. It doesn't make any sense if you don't know that.

Quote: zooo @ March 25 2013, 12:46 PM GMT

It seems like he was most active around 2009. Were you posting then?

Huh. Are you serious?

The impression I get is that he annoyed a lot of people with his lack of humility and mediocre work and then actually became successful. Is that right?

Touché?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ March 27 2013, 12:26 AM GMT

Huh. Are you serious?

The impression I get is that he annoyed a lot of people with his lack of humility and mediocre work and then actually became successful. Is that right?

I don;t think his work was mediocre it was just media degree stuff that he was working on at the time and should have been viewed in that context. He was open to being edited as he didn't mind when I played around with some of his work and he asked me so to do as well. But he could at times be a tad defensive, but criticism on these boards isn't always well presented. Seemed to me that he took most of it with broad shoulders - and he is certainly out there trying to make a success of it - as an actor mainly now I think.

Okay, thanks Marc - I did click on your link.

It seems there must have been some quality (presumably slight arrogance and vulnerability) that blew people's skirts up.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ March 27 2013, 12:26 AM GMT

Huh. Are you serious?

Eh?

You don't remember that I was posting in 2009?

Ohhh I see, no, I meant you might have buggered off/taken a break for 6 months around then. Like some people do. And missed the whole Cotter era.

Quote: zooo @ March 27 2013, 3:24 PM GMT

Ohhh I see, no, I meant you might have buggered off/taken a break for 6 months around then. Like some people do. And missed the whole Cotter era.

The "Cotter-era" lasted only 6 months? Like Justin Bieber's career?

Lol, I don't know. Could have been longer.

Nevertheless he had a great impact on this site, so it seems. I joined years after he "left" but I'm beginning to dream of him and his chubby cheeks. ;)

Ah, yeah - that's possible.

Ah yes more influential then Alexanders conquest of Persia, more artistically creative than the Han Era of middle Chinese history and more terrifying than the Mongol era of Mongolian history.

Cotter; artist, iconoclast, terrifying mad man.

Quote: sootyj @ March 27 2013, 4:07 PM GMT

Ah yes more influential then Alexanders conquest of Persia, more artistically creative than the Han Era of middle Chinese history and more terrifying than the Mongol era of Mongolian history.

Cotter; artist, iconoclast, terrifying mad man.

I was going to say that if you can remember the early 2010s you weren't there...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ March 27 2013, 3:27 PM GMT

The "Cotter-era" lasted only 6 months? Like Justin Bieber's career?

No. He was here a lot longer than that. May pop back sometimes too. Which would be good.