I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here Page 23

I think you are supposed to feel a bit ashamed if you admit that you watch it.
Look at all the posters that wrote a firm NO in the comments.
It's actually a pretty good, well-disguised social experiment. A modern-day 'Lord of the flies.
After a week, their true personalities come out.

You're reading too much in to peoples comments. I'm happy to watch trash reality tv - Love Island, Married at First Sight etc - I could just never be bothered with I'm a Celebrity. Partly because it's cruel to the insects and creepy crawlies making them share a jungle with so many z list celebrities.

Those other shows have never appealed to me at all.

The show's premise is worthless and some of the "celebs" involved should have some valid i.d. documents, but my main problem are the vapid hosts.
Most of the ITV presenters are of a similar ilk. Schofield, Willoughby, Cowell, Walliams, Holden, Lemon, Mulhern, Ross, Dixon, Kelly, along with the vacuous Dec & Ant. All of them can only see pound signs in front of their eyes. How most of them have the nerve to appear on shows to rate the merits of others talent is laughable.

You'll have a remote channel selector for your tv I presume.

Agreed.
Never watched a frame of the shite.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th November 2022, 3:30 PM

You'll have a remote channel selector for your tv I presume.

I only watch ITVBe.

Quote: WasMrApollo @ 28th November 2022, 7:57 PM

I'd consider my self the winner if I got paid all that money and was the first to be voted out.

My hero(ine), Jill Scott although I haven't watched any of it.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th November 2022, 3:36 PM

Agreed.
Never watched a frame of the shite.

Never seen a frame? You are very poorly qualified to express an opinion on this then.

Quote: paulted @ 29th November 2022, 3:27 PM

The show's premise is worthless and some of the "celebs" involved should have some valid i.d. documents, but my main problem are the vapid hosts.
Most of the ITV presenters are of a similar ilk. Schofield, Willoughby, Cowell, Walliams, Holden, Lemon, Mulhern, Ross, Dixon, Kelly, along with the vacuous Dec & Ant. All of them can only see pound signs in front of their eyes. How most of them have the nerve to appear on shows to rate the merits of others talent is laughable.

Valid ID documents? What are you talking about?
Which TV presenters do you like then? Some names please!
I don't mind Ant and Dec personally.
I don't particularly like seeing people eat horrible things or the multiple commercial breaks. I enjoy seeing the people interacting though.
Observations:
1. A good result. Hancock apparently lasted longer than expected because he had a sophisticated Tik-Tok campaign set up before he went in which seems iffy though.
2. All the female contestants came across well. All but one got voted out early.
3. Only one of the two comedians was funny.
4. None of the contestants were nasty. Boy George was quite prickly though. Very independent-minded. But decent and entertaining.
5. Hancock was surprisingly good at all the trials. Did well but could never escape his terrible past. He had no real explanation for why he went in. Presumably paying for his divorce. Political career now over.
6. Chris Moyles didn't seem to know why he was there. Neither did we! Presumably money again.

Opinions vary as to their personal characters.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 30th November 2022, 6:03 AM

Never seen a frame? You are very poorly qualified to express an opinion on this then.

In the specific, obviously.
In general?
I know what goes on, I see the press coverage (can't avoid it), I understand the premise, I see the kind of people involved....
LIke pretty well all reality stuff - just not my cup of tea.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 30th November 2022, 6:26 AM

5. Hancock ... ... Political career now over.

Not necessarily. Unless he wants it to be. Didn't do Nadine Dorries any harm in the long term. And Hancock was a Sunak supporter in both leadership elections. Watch this space...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th November 2022, 12:19 PM

Not necessarily. Unless he wants it to be. Didn't do Nadine Dorries any harm in the long term. And Hancock was a Sunak supporter in both leadership elections. Watch this space...

Nadine was exceptional though. No leader other than Johnson would ever have promoted her.

I don't think he wants a political career.
That's the point of I'm a Celebrity, it let's you pivot into a new career in the media. Next stop Strictly, Googlebox and GB News pundit. The money's better.