The Day Today Page 2

Quote: jhmagic1 @ January 16 2011, 10:25 PM GMT

Ok, after watching a few episodes, you can tell the celebs are in on the gag. They know its not serious, especially DR Fox. You can tell he is doing his piece tongue in cheek!

Well that was the show Brass Eye of course, not The Day Today, but carry on, I'm sure you know what you're doing... Errr

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 16 2011, 10:34 PM GMT

Well that was the show Brass Eye of course, not The Day Today, but carry on, I'm sure you know what you're doing... Errr

Yes, you're right. My bad. Huh?

Quote: jhmagic1 @ January 16 2011, 10:47 PM GMT

Yes, you're right. My bad. Huh?

I believe it's Channel 4 you owe an apology to

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

Didn't a load of the celebrities complain bitterly afterwards about having been made fools of? I'm sure Noel Edmonds did, for one.

Yes.

Questions were asked in the House of Commons about "Cake", which seems like strange behaviour if they were in on the joke.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 7 2010, 5:07 PM GMT

No, I agree The Day Today was ahead of its time but the trouble is that the things which were funny because they were ridiculous 10 years ago are now actually normal on TV news.

Charlie Brooker recently said the same thing about the re-release of the "TV Go Home" book, some of the "stupid" programmes that he made up for the book have been by real life.

Add ITV News's graphics and title music which sound uncannily like The Day Today.
I don't condone hitting vicar's wives but a documantary on bullying vicars a couple of years ago was just too much.

As someone who worked in journalism at the time it was the Spinal Tap moment for our trade. Most already knew how pompous and ridiculous the media was becoming and loved Morris.

It is still an absolute pleasure to read and watch the rare reports that have passion, depth and a desire to treat the audience like grown-ups. This would include C4 and Newsnight correspondents like Paul Mason and Faizal Islam, C4's Unreported World, John Pilger's occasional polemical TV docs and the sober probing features of the Economist, FT and New Scientist.

Sadly not a big list though.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/tv-film/david-schneider-a-look-back-at-the-day-today/

Adding to the "yesterday's ridiculous idea is today's reality" I'm pretty sure I read that Heston Bloomingoffhisrockermorelike or one of them TV Chefs was opening a restaurant staffed by lags from his local prison.

So Alan Partridge's idea of "Cooking in Prison" is happening.

No word on simians being given tennis lessons though.

No mention of On The Hour yet. Which do people prefer?

Probably On the Hour.

Quote: codename 47 @ February 16 2012, 11:39 PM GMT

Adding to the "yesterday's ridiculous idea is today's reality" I'm pretty sure I read that Heston Bloomingoffhisrockermorelike or one of them TV Chefs was opening a restaurant staffed by lags from his local prison.

That format would work well for Heston's trademark bizarre combination cooking.
I wonder what gun flavoured sponge cake tastes like.

This made my day. Today. https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/news/6481/the-day-today-reunion/

Quote: codename 47 @ 16th February 2012, 11:39 PM

So Alan Partridge's idea of "Cooking in Prison" is happening.

No word on simians being given tennis lessons though.

It was a thing, totally.

What about 'Partridge Amongst The Pigeons'?