The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 47

*SHOTS FIRED*

I've been lurking since the entry, so thank you all! I thought I should register, especially since I wanted to ask what time the announcement was expected?

Also, in reply to the earlier talk about middle class sitcoms, mine was about a bunch of lazy actors on a radio four style English murder mystery, possibly the most middle class you could get without actually going to Waitrose. Ooops. It was also a pilot, but (I hope) one with obvious further episode potential. There's pretty much nothing that happens in a radio studio that isn't funny.

We'll be announcing as close to 23.59 as possible on Monday night.

For all the 'where does this lead' palaver that went on a bit back, congrats to one of the previous finalists (Julie Bower) back in the Si & Dec Sitcom Trials days whose entry in 2009 is being recorded soon for Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/49_cedar_street

I remember its final performance well, and indeed declared it the best at the time even though it only finished fourth.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 11 2011, 1:21 PM GMT

For all the 'where does this lead' palaver that went on a bit back, congrats to one of the previous finalists (Julie Bower) back in the Si & Dec Sitcom Trials days whose sitcom is being recorded soon: http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/49_cedar_street

That's a great cast; Colin Hoult I've seen live and he's a genius; and I've worked with the lovely Isabel Fay (in Missing Scene).

Cheers, Declan. Also, I thought My Teenage Diary was a great idea, sounds like it was a good thing I ended up missing it...

Oh yeah, I didn't mean it to read as though it was a direct result. Sorry if it did. Just wanted to show that Sitcom Trial/Mission sitcoms can and do progress to the commissioning process and further.

Dan

No, but Isabel Fay was in Jane P's sitcom that year, so she was in the Trials, just different sitcom. (She may have been in Julie's sitcom the following Mission???)

Dan

Quote: Declan @ March 11 2011, 11:55 AM GMT

We'll be announcing as close to 23.59 as possible on Monday night.

I've already bought a new F5 key for my laptop in preparation

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 11 2011, 1:23 PM GMT

That's a great cast; Colin Hoult I've seen live and he's a genius; and I've worked with the lovely Isabel Fay (in Missing Scene).

Hoult is awesome. His live show last year was ace - as was his star turn, alongside Helen George & The Penny Dreadfuls in Gutted! The Musical.

What's the general view and rule about copyrighting a script? Is it worth doing officialy or is that just a paranoid act? Rich.

Quote: richiemoomoo @ March 11 2011, 6:32 PM GMT

What's the general view and rule about copyrighting a script? Is it worth doing officialy or is that just a paranoid act? Rich.

I wouldn't bother. Producers WANT good writers, not to steal a single script.

As a first time poster who has been following (stalking?) you all for a while. I just wanted to say good luck to everyone for Monday! You've given me a good laugh reading your posts so I'm sure you've all written some great material.

Just out of interest, we've had at least four sitcoms with the same title, anyone want to hazard a guess what it is?

And no, it's not Clarkson Zombie Wheelchair Nutters.

Back to Class?