The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 113

Fifteen quid's worth of champagne on the carpet, eh? Call it butterfingers, I suppose.

I've just opened a bottle of special reserve, Mackeson triple stout. A quaint little brew.

Well done the eight - and well done, too, the not-so-lucky, tonight. I'm sure you gave 'em a good run for their money.

Did you enter Ev?
Oh yes I think I saw the one loosely based on your website.
The website is good by the way.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 19 2011, 10:52 PM BST

Did you enter Ev?

Yes I did, Steve. I've really enjoyed it.

ev

Edit.

Yes, that's the one. Glad you like the blog, too.

Woo hoo! Just saw the news that we're through, which makes up for not making anyone's 'top 8 most interesting names' lists! (To be fair 'In The Meantime' makes a lot more sense in context...) It's been a hugely interesting process for us so far, looking forward to the next stage!

I cannot believe I'm through !!! :O

Congrats you lot!

Big congratulations to the eight, and good luck from here. Very slightly smaller congrats to the rest of the long-listers - if nothing else you appear to have made some decision makers make some difficult decisions.

:D Well done to you all....amazing achievement. I am impressed and extraordinarily envious.....of all the fun, experience and foot-in-the-unopenable-doorness you are about to witness. Enjoy every moment, you clearly deserve it!!!

I bow in deference to your mighty weapons.....not a euphemism!!!!

Beth x

Congrats all the top eight.

Bitterly obviously, but fond bitterness.

Dan

Well done to all that entered and to the finalists.
I hope the eventual winner goes on to make it to TV that way this competition will carry even more kudos next time, so we all may benefit.

Quote: simon wright @ April 19 2011, 8:38 PM BST

One thing that judging these thirty two scripts has brought home to us is how subjective comedy is.

Six people drew up six different shortlists.

I think I said that this would happen somewhere earlier in this thread. Can you find it for me please Simon? :)

Sorry Marc, we're too busy not filming the shows and not putting them on DVD to trail through the thread to prove that you were right.

We'll just accept that you were right. :P

LOL. Good man!

Quote: Declan @ April 20 2011, 10:48 AM BST

Sorry Marc, we're too busy not filming the shows and not putting them on DVD to trail through the thread to prove that you were right.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud guess I'll never NOT live that down

Quote: Declan @ April 20 2011, 10:48 AM BST

Who was the mysterious sixth judge by the way? Hat Trick had to have three I guess all things considered, and you two... which leaves the mystery judge? Was I right about Simon Cowell?