Burke & Hare

Anyone seen this yet?

Is it in keeping with other John Landis films, i.e. leave it for 20 years and it will seem/be considered really good?

Listening to an interview on R5 with Landis. Seems like such a good bloke. :)

Yes, Landis is a likeable old stick. Unfortunately the reviews have been uniformly bad and I'm not sure 20 years can save this film.

Oh dear, I really fancied this too. Best mate went to see it the other night, so I will ask her what she thought.

I'm not sure John Landis has done a decent film since the vampire film Innocent Blood in the early nineties. Before that you have to go back to Into The Night? Or maybe even Trading Places?

Quote: chipolata @ November 2 2010, 7:44 AM BST

Yes, Landis is a likeable old stick. Unfortunately the reviews have been uniformly bad and I'm not sure 20 years can save this film.

I've only seen three reviews, but each has given it three out of five; which whilst hardly amazing isn't too bad either.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 2 2010, 10:41 AM BST

I've only seen three reviews, but each has given it three out of five; which whilst hardly amazing isn't too bad either.

You're a settler, Stott. Always have been, always will be.

Quote: chipolata @ November 2 2010, 10:44 AM BST

You're a settler, Stott. Always have been, always will be.

You said uniformally bad! Three out of five is okay. Not that I have much interest in seeing the film anyway.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 2 2010, 10:45 AM BST

You said uniformally bad! Three out of five is okay. Not that I have much interest in seeing the film anyway.

All the reviews I've seen say it's a black comedy that isn't remotely funny.
That's bad in my book, settler!

Three stars.

It's alright. I doesn't blow you away and is just standard fare. Not great but not awful. It's a bit of a non-event and disappointing in that way. It'll keep you entertained but, even at only 90 minutes, I'm glad it finished.

Dan

Saw it the other day.
Diverting entertainment, not a classic but no stinker either.

I love John Landis, my avatar is currently from 'Schlock' one of my favourite movies EVER. Also loved Kentucky Fried Movie, a National Lampoon's Animal House, Blues Brothers, An American Werewolf in London, Trading Places, Spies Like Us, Three Amigos, Coming to America....

The guy's a legend, I am looking forward to seeing this big time!

I hope it makes it around where I live.

John Landis must have seen Two Ronnies when he was over here making American Werewolf either that or Serkis and Pegg put him on to Ronnie Corbett

Quote: peter gazzard @ November 8 2010, 9:57 AM GMT

John Landis must have seen Two Ronnies when he was over here making American Werewolf either that or Serkis and Pegg put him on to Ronnie Corbett

According to a recent interview with Landis, he knew of The Two Ronnies work from being in London in the seventies and watching telly here. He even offered Barker a role in Trading Places, I think.

Quote: chipolata @ November 8 2010, 10:27 AM GMT

According to a recent interview with Landis, he knew of The Two Ronnies work from being in London in the seventies and watching telly here. He even offered Barker a role in Trading Places, I think.

Oh right, never knew that, I bet Ronnie B was offered the Denholm Elliott part