Editing a previously posted thread

I'm getting a bit confused with posts I might have already read and commented on.

Please don't edit them retrospectively.

If you're going to edit please repost the edited piece at the end so we know you've done it as once I've commented on it I don't usually think to re-read the start of a thread.

Am I the only one who :-

A) Doesn't always notice the changes and

B) Forgets what it was like originally.

I don't usually go back and re-read something I've already commented on - ie. the start of a thread. Please repost at the end.

oooOOOooo... :D

yes - I was in a whingey mood yesterday.

Sorry about that.

Must be the time of the month (i.e. a couple of days before pay day)

I agree though. Editing the first bit of a thread is not right and makes it hard to work out what the hell the writer has changed.

Yeah, only Nazis and Communists rewrite history. Whats next burning books?

Sorry, I apologise for my bad habit.

Book burner

I mentioned this to Aaron one time before.

If we, as the thread starter, could edit our own thread headers then we could alert people that edits had been made based on advice given etc, but we never took it further.

I'm sure that this is possible on other boards isn't it?

I disagree it's not frustrating we shouldn't do anything about it.....

Hello Daddy, where have you been?

At least Badge agrees and doesn't think I'm being too whingey.

Money in my account today but not for long.

whingeing git

was off line for a couple of weeks and very busy organizing my wedding(2 weeks and 5 days away)
I will come back and edit the countdown of weeks not re-post at the bottom ha ha

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On most other forums, it would automatically say "edited by zooo" at the bottom if I'd edited it.

On here I used to write it in myself if I did, cos it can get bloody confusing otherwise.

Quote: Daddy Maz @ May 26, 2007, 11:14 AM

was off line for a couple of weeks and very busy organizing my wedding(3 weeks away)
I will come back and edit the countdown of weeks not re-post at the bottom ha ha

Congatulations Daddy maz. Not on being off line for a few weeks, for the wedding thing. Ow but i'm not taking anything away from the off-line thing, that is also very good.