Andrew Lawrence Page 3

I always have found him funny but he has really put his dick in the muller mix this time, other brands of yoghurt are available.

I did wonder if this was the cancel culture gone mad, but by his 5th tweet it was undeniable, he'd gone kamikaze. Bet he's got a hell of a hang over.

I see one of the places that cancelled him has been getting death threats.

They were jokes, poor jokes and poor taste jokes but just jokes.
He should have to wear sackcloth and ashes for a week as punishment.
Instead, his career as a comedian is over.
That's all the zealots satisfied anyway.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th July 2021, 8:16 AM

I've no idea who this person is (in common I suspect with the majority of the population) but if his jokes are both poor and in poor taste, maybe he had chosen the wrong career anyway.

He, Lee Hurst and Jim Davidson should team up.
(And go to some sort of therapy together.)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th July 2021, 10:17 AM

I've no idea who this person is ............

Ditto

He did have a good stand up set when he started, but in 2014 he self self imploded by publishing a rant on his facebook page, raging against the establishment. Including the "ever-creeping militant political correctness of the BBC".

Slated panel shows saying they consist of "aging, balding, fat men, ethnic comedians and women-posing-as-comedians sit congratulating themselves on how enlightened they are about the fact that UKIP are ridiculous and pathetic". He's a thin white British man with a hairy head, so he was having a go at everyone who wasn't like him. Then he continued his witless spats on twitter with leading comedians. So he was on probation...

He's either a real racist, or someone pretending to be racist to get laughs.
Either way, he's a bit of a dick.

Good grief those tweets were not funny just awful

I didn't think he was that bad a while back, but since he's become the self styled saviour of the right he's turned into a Lee Hurst level dickhead

If there was even a semblance of a joke there I might have tried to stick up for free speech but what the f**k!

Quote: Firkin @ 14th July 2021, 5:18 PM

Slated panel shows saying they consist of "aging, balding, fat men, ethnic comedians and women-posing-as-comedians sit congratulating themselves on how enlightened they are about the fact that UKIP are ridiculous and pathetic".

Mock the Week perfectly summarised surely?

He zeroed in so relentlessly and singularly on race that he is either extremely racist, or it's a somewhat cynical attempt to relaunch himself as a 'right-wing political activist/tiresome tit' in the same vein as Lawrence Fox or Katie Hopkins.

In which case he's got exactly what he wanted.

And fasty, really? Women posing as comedians?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th July 2021, 8:16 AM

Jokes have set ups and punchlines. This was racist abuse, plain and simple.

I am in no way condoning what he wrote but it seems you can take the piss out of anyone as long as they're not black.
His poor joke was he wished Rashford had practiced penalties and let the children go hungry.
Is it racist just because he's black? It might be offensive - but racist?
His other was about only white guys scored their pens.
Of course that is racist and I don't think anyone had given It a second thought about who scored until his comments came to light.
But the reports were of a tirade of racist abuse. One was racist and he is punished for it.