Did Alanis Morissette ever respond to Ed Byrne...

... Over his stand-up routine about Ironic?

Quote: Badhead @ September 12 2010, 2:37 PM BST

... Over his stand-up routine about Ironic?

She tried to, but she got stuck in a traffic jam on her way to the meeting.

Which was unfortunate.

:D

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 12 2010, 2:40 PM BST

She tried to, but she got stuck in a traffic jam on her way to the meeting.

Which was unfortunate.

But not ironic (in the strictest sense).

I have yet to hear that stand up.

Quote: Charley @ September 12 2010, 5:27 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg

You haven't missed anything. The trouble is, 'ironic' in terms of pop lyrics is extremely well written, so the whole routine seems misguided.

There are so many songs that really deserve a kicking and it's 'ironic' that he picked on one of the better ones.

Consider the appalling grammar of the Chemical Brothers: 'How does it feel like to let forever be?'

Or the accidental use of paradox by Amy MacDonald: 'I will run until my feet no longer run no more'

And my favourite from Thin Lizzy: 'Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in the the town'. (try the jail?)

Godot maybe it was a metaphorical jail, like his desire to write paedophilic songs

Good stuff, spot on, very funny, but before he did that (televsied routine) Nicky Campbell was mercilessly sending her up on his Radio One show, and I found that even funnier, and it was when she was still huge, not after. 'I'm a little bit neurotic'. :D

And Byrne was veering very close to being 'ironic' himself by having longer hair than the hysterical man hating schreechy Canuk.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 12 2010, 5:59 PM BST

The trouble is, 'ironic' in terms of pop lyrics is extremely well written

Really? Reallllllllly?

Quote: Charley @ September 12 2010, 5:27 PM BST

I first heard that act at uni, about 14 years ago. He's not still using it, is he?

It's somewhat ironic that it's about the only thing he's known for.

Oh, I know him for being a bit of a tit.

He's very very funny though.

Quote: sootyj @ September 12 2010, 3:26 PM BST

But not ironic (in the strictest sense).

Actually, had that actually happened it probably would have been ironic. Think about it.