The Devil's Blurb - Final

The script has finally been uploaded. Not immensely different but some parts have been cleaned and sharpened.

http://www.greenmanmedia.co.uk/The%20Devils%20Blurb%20(Final).pdf

Ok just a quick write up on the project. I will start with an apology I’ve not had time to do as was scheduled in the time set and we have fallen behind it’s no one fault but my own.

Project analysis
The group worked well together on a very difficult project, the subject matter was an unusual one and the way the group was working(via forum) was unusual but I think we rose to the challenge and have created a very good piece here. What is does lack though is a “knowing” of the product. My view is; its only surface deep and once we started to scratch the surface of the characters we would have struggled to make them believable/identifiable. I feel now that I may have rushed the premise through before everyone was 100% on what we were doing/trying to achieve and subsequently the end product did suffer.
This is a project I believe would be very difficult to produce an idea like this without the real time feedback of other writers. But like I said we've done tremendousely.
Deadlines were more or less kept to there were a few strays but that’s to be expected and they were factored into the timeframe so that was all fine, the biggest culprit for deadlines was me so slapped wrists for me.

Just a bit of fun know I wrote a little evaluation of members on the tea, nothing personal just my view when I was trying to organise.

David Chapman – Instrumental in the production of the script I think a good chunk of the work you produced didn’t make it to the script but always looking for the next part to do, always reliable and a constant performer.

Charley Rance – Away initially for the first half of the project you came back and submitted some fantastic material, the idea initially from your self again was strong. Initially I was concerned about your style of writing being over bearing and making the scenes a little disjointed but I was very happy when I read through and found it slotted in and I am a bit embarrassed admitting that now.

Earman – Very passionate about the script, on occasional a little dogmatic about scenes put forward but it’s good to see passion in a writer for the work he has done. Your writing was constant high quality and you were always prompt to finish what was asked. I know it seems I am being a little down on you but this is not the case, and some scenes you wrote came back into final after your comments and they have made for brilliant scenes.

Scott Evans – Unfortunately I know Scott had some home issues during the writing and was unavailable. But during the initial brain storming sessions you were keen to put forward new ideas and integrate others ideas and focus them into the main body of the project I felt.

SlagA
Your editing work was fantastic very insightful and patient considering all the grammar errors initially because of the melding of writers. Some little gems of advise to improve the dialogue flow. Very impressed and again thank you for your work.

Conclusion
Very good job guys we’ve done extremely well, if you were here I’d buy you all a drink. My suggestion for the next stage of this project would be to go back and review the premise and add some layers, re-realise the characters really get to know what make them tick not a complete back to roots but work from the foundations we have made here and build.

I am happy about the way it’s come out well done guys. Stay tuned for The Sitcom Project Pt. II which “may” be happening in the near future. Unfortunately I won’t be heading it though as I can’t devote time that you guys deserve on the project. I will be available to lend a hand though.

Ok have a read through.

Peace Out

Link doesn't work by clicking, but if you copy and paste into address bar, it works fine.

Yes I did a good job didn't I? :O

Quote: Leevil @ July 8, 2007, 10:35 PM

Yes I did a good job didn't I? :O

Not according to the summary above, you didn't. ;)

Just read the script and I thought it's a really good read. I think everyone who worked on this (execpt Lee ;) ) did a great job and this is something we can all be proud of. Well done folks!!

That looks fab. xx

So, what's the next step then?

I have to say I'm surprised at how little interest there is in this project now that the first script is finished. I thought there would be a few more posts than this on this thread.

Ok guys. The choice is yours I can come back and take lead again but everyone's gotta be intrested becuase I have little time and if everyone's not 100% then I'm not going to waste my time and the time of guys who do want to push on.

I am up for doing anything you like.

Want to get this done & dusted.

This is more like it.

*Holds up his glass (by glass, I mean plastic cup)*

Here's to the next step!