Female comedians Page 33

I'll take all that on board. But I don't have the enthusiasm I once had for watching stand-up comedy anymore. Which isn't going to help me much. I understand that any comics we see on TV are filtered. I've also mentioned that I'm open to the possibility that there are many great female comics on the scene. But if there's good female comics out there, I haven't seen many glimpses of them. But I am generalising. Because, there are plenty that I enjoy on comedy panel shows that I'm sure I'd enjoy live.

Quote: Leevil @ September 9 2011, 2:06 PM BST

Smack The Pony isn't stand-up. Victoria Wood isn't funny and it has nothing to do with being a woman.

Smack The Pony is also my favourite sketch show. I've also stated that I believe that there are plenty of funny women within comedy. My point was that I couldn't think any stand-up routines that left an impression on ME.

Comedy is subjective.

So's your weiner.

But funny women you know; Nat, AJGO, Dolly, Roo, Zooo (if only for dating Aaron), Dellas etc etc.

I mean you must have seen Nat's standup videos they're pretty damned good.

And Joyce Grenfell some of her proto-standup stuff is genius.

What are you going on about sooty? When was the last time you saw zooo or Roo perform their standup routines?

Yes, Nat's vids were great. Honestly, she's got talent. But that doesn't suddenly make me think that Victoria Wood + All other women standup routines are funny.

Back to complimenting me please.

Why the f**k is this discussion happening? So what? I rarely see a good female standup routine. I can live with that, considering my declining interest in standup as a form of entertainment.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 9 2011, 2:52 PM BST

Back to complimenting me please.

You make me laugh and make quiche. You're a women after my own heart.

Quote: Leevil @ September 9 2011, 2:54 PM BST

Why the f**k is this discussion happening? So what? I rarely see a good female standup routine. I can live with that, considering my declining interest in standup as a form of entertainment.

BTW, that post wasn't aimed at you, Nat. Just unfortunate timing.

S'all good.

TBH Leev, I think your problem is your exposure level. A more correct statement would be "The female comics who appear on mainstream TV channels do not appeal to me". Which is quite a different thing. TV execs pick a comic for a lot of reasons, and unfortunately sometimes it's not always because they're the funniest person for the job.

And that accounts for male stand ups too.

Sounds about right.

TEN POINTS TO NAT. Shut up. Quiche is happening.

Watched this clip of Sarah Kendall the other day and thought it was pretty good. And I want to f**k her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucksmxtRqbQ

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 9 2011, 3:09 PM BST

Quiche is happening.

Pic?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 9 2011, 3:10 PM BST

Watched this clip of Sarah Kendall the other day and thought it was pretty good. And I want to f**k her.

That midges joke was referenced on something I watched last night. I can't remember what though? But I'm guessing whoever it was, was talking about her.

That was brilliant! Laughing out loud

She was great! Thankfully she stopped saying 'ummm' and 'like' after the first four minutes so I was able to watch :D

Quote: Leevil @ September 9 2011, 2:51 PM BST

What are you going on about sooty? When was the last time you saw zooo or Roo perform their standup routines?

Yes, Nat's vids were great. Honestly, she's got talent. But that doesn't suddenly make me think that Victoria Wood + All other women standup routines are funny.

no but their posts are often amusing and entertaining.

Again like your weiner.

She was good. :D

Quote: sootyj @ September 9 2011, 4:29 PM BST

no but their posts are often amusing and entertaining.

I know that. My jaw rattles like the rest of you fools.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 9 2011, 3:09 PM BST

TEN POINTS TO NAT. Shut up. Quiche is happening.

I'm having some quiche now. Quiche and Larry Sanders.