Men and women: different sense of humour

Can you give examples of jokes which one sex would like a lot more than would the other?

Why do women wear makeup and perfume?
Because they're ugly and they stink

Quote: David Bussell @ April 23 2010, 1:23 PM BST

Why do women wear makeup and perfume?
Because they're ugly and they stink

Laughing out loud I think women find this funnier then men. Because of the double irony. The person saying it is obviously gay but still in the closet.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 23 2010, 1:41 PM BST

The person saying it is obviously gay but still in the closet.

Laughing out loud

Can I just say I wasn't referring to The Bussell there. I meant the person who said that joke originally....

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 23 2010, 1:41 PM BST

Laughing out loud I think women find this funnier then men. Because of the double irony. The person saying it is obviously gay but still in the closet.

Ooh, get you!
Laughing out loud

:D

Whose gag is that? I'm sure I've heard it before.

Make a woman laugh on Monday morning- tell her a gag on Friday night

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 23 2010, 1:54 PM BST

:D

Whose gag is that? I'm sure I've heard it before.

It's an old standard.

Quote: youngian @ April 23 2010, 4:43 PM BST

Make a woman laugh on Monday morning- tell her a gag on Friday night

And you're clearly a blonde person trying to use that joke on someone else :P

I think it was QI who were talking about this, that women laugh more than men.
I think that means we understand more than men. *nods scientifically*

It all boils down to men not wanting to laugh at other men's jokes, because they know that women like men that make them laugh.

It's all 'alpha-male, one-up-man-ship' with guys, whereas women like to share the laughs.

I find that women like cock-jokes more than men do.

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 23 2010, 9:18 PM BST

It all boils down to men not wanting to laugh at other men's jokes, because they know that women like men that make them laugh.

It's all 'alpha-male, one-up-man-ship' with guys, whereas women like to share the laughs.

I find that women like cock-jokes more than men do.

I dare say that women, in general, like cock more than men (own penis excluded).

IMHO Alpha males with t-type personalities appear to have a somewhat less subtle taste in humour , which reminds me of a wonderful line from Peter Griffen, "Why do women have boobs?...so you've got something to look at when you're talking to them"

I have had off-the-cuff remarks echoed back to me many a time, with only a minor change being made to the subject or object of the gag. On the one hand, it could be viewed as flattery, and on the other, annoying plagiarism.

Quote: Nogget @ April 23 2010, 1:05 PM BST

Can you give examples of jokes which one sex would like a lot more than would the other?

I've tried this one a few times in mixed company, and among women it tends to go down like the old lead balloon.

Q: What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
A: Nothing, she's already been told twice.

Not that all men find it funny either. One chap I told it to earlier this month didn't laugh but just looked uncomfortable. I was later informed he was a wife-beater, whose wife had recently taken the kids and left him.

There's a simple difference. Men have got a sense of humour and women haven't.

*reaches up and slaps Badge*