The all-in-one consolidated snooker thread

Anyone else watch the King/Davis first round match tonight? I won't comment on the result as the highlights are on BBC2 now but it was a cracking match.

When I was younger I used to love snooker. You could say I was snooker loopy. But I've lost touch with it in recent years. Some of the girl referees are quite hot, though.

King/Davis was a classic old battle. I wonder if all these standing ovations do The Nugget that much good, however.

Did you see the whole match John? The highlights omitted the crucial frames where Davis came back and Mark king nearly lost it over a perceived cheat by Davis.

I saw it live till about 9, and saw the later highlights. Yeah, I saw the split shot incident. Hopefully some kind soul cleared that matter up for him when he left the arena.

I like players of the King/Ebdon ilk. Real grinders.

I watched the final frame.

Steve was was hero when I was a kid.

I had this half size snooker table in the front room and couldn't cue at one end because of the chimmney breast. Happy days.

Quote: bigfella @ April 21 2010, 5:51 PM BST

I had this half size snooker table in the front room and couldn't cue at one end because of the chimmney breast. Happy days.

:D

We had one as well. Ours had folding legs that would buckle from time to time. Playing shots halfway up a wall. I seem to remember my brother and I hit our mum on the head a few times with the cue.

I caught the end of the Davis/King on Eurosport. Didn't know about the cheat stuff though.

Cliff Thorburn used to be my favourite. Now he was a grinder. My dad played Ray Reardon many years ago in a snooker hall and was hustled by him.

Snooker was HUGE in the '80s and early '90s. Everyone watched it, from old ladies (my Great Auntie Rene even phoned local boy John Parrot's house, after he won the '91 World Championship, to congratulate him, but his Dad said he was out) to little boys (half of my mates had their own tables).

I hope there wasn't a pitch invasion. Those spectators can get a bit unruly at times.

Quote: chipolata @ April 21 2010, 8:35 AM BST

When I was younger I used to love snooker. You could say I was snooker loopy. But I've lost touch with it in recent years. Some of the girl referees are quite hot, though.

Is Steve Davis still beating Higgins?

I'm back in 1982
Am I in a Coma or just dreaming?

Davis has beaten Higgins and is in the quarter finals.

Tries to think of a clever Ashes to Ashes snooker pun and fails.

Funny how we all hated The Nugget in the eighties. Now we all love the old ginger man.

I'm watching the 1985(?) final rematch between Davis & Taylor on the red button. One frame, lots of laughs. Good stuff.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 29 2010, 9:28 PM BST

I'm watching the 1985(?) final rematch between Davis & Taylor on the red button. One frame, lots of laughs. Good stuff.

I have no interest in snooker, but I thoroughly enjoyed that.