Confession time. Whats yours? Page 2

This happened when I was about to fly to Serbia around seven years ago. The night before I had been watching a jazz show where the special guest was jazz saxophonist Courtney Pine. I had never seen him before but had heard a lot of his music which I liked. On the show, sure enough there was a sax player who was an oldish white guy.
Cut to Heathgrow airport next day. I am waiting to check in when I see a load of guys with instuments obviously in a band. And yes, they are on my flight. I had my acoustic guitar in a case with me. One of the guys who was very tall, of west indian origin and very friendly asked me what I had in the case. I replied a cheap guitar. He joked with me that they could use it for their gig in Belgrade as the guitarist's guitar would probably be in worse condition. Polite laughter followed.

Departure Lounge. Me and the west indian guy speak again. I ask him which band is he with. He says Courtney Pine. I said that I was watching him on the TV the night before. He looked at me strangely. Nothing more was said.

Belgrade airport. West indian guy invites me to gig. I said I'll get there if I can.
Cut to me at record shop in Belgrade. See CD case. Yes, I was talking to Courtney Pine.
:$

Don't mate. I 'm blushing already!

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ May 2, 2007, 12:33 PM

Cut to me at record shop in Belgrade. See CD case. Yes, I was talking to Courtney Pine.
:$

LOL! Priceless...

But people really don't look quite the same when they're not on the TV, do they?

My confession is this, in my many years, I have stolen, raped and pillaged, had sex all over the world, stolen valuable paintings, had sex with one sister and my granny. ACTUALLY ALL THIS IS NOT TRUE, I was too ashamed to tell you that I am a West Ham supporter. The bit about having sex with my sister I am not too sure, as until I was 18 I didn,t know the difference between arson and incest and I set light to her

Quote: Gerry Goldfinch @ May 3, 2007, 6:52 PM

My confession is this, in my many years, I have stolen, raped and pillaged, had sex all over the world, stolen valuable paintings, had sex with one sister and my granny. ACTUALLY ALL THIS IS NOT TRUE, I was too ashamed to tell you that I am a West Ham supporter. The bit about having sex with my sister I am not too sure, as until I was 18 I didn,t know the difference between arson and incest and I set light to her

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud