George & Mildred Page 12

He was a copper in one episode of the Sweeney

He turned out to be a total coward and he ran off during a gun fight to hide and have a little cry/breakdown

Which was nice....

Quote: zooo @ 14th August 2023, 11:37 AM

I won't hear a bad word said about Jeffery! He might be extremely rude and suppressed, but he is weirdly sexy.
Don't judge me.

So zooo - your tastes are mainly centered around very tall moustachioed 1970s men wearing tight three piece suits? I know quite a lot of the gentlemen on here rather fancy Ann. Me - I adore George's wispy ginger combover.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 14th August 2023, 12:41 PM

So zooo - your tastes are mainly centered around very tall moustachioed 1970s men wearing tight three piece suits?

Well, it works on him!
He reminds me a bit of the English policeman in 'Allo 'Allo, who is also quite the handsome fox.

Quote: zooo @ 14th August 2023, 12:46 PM

Well, it works on him!
He reminds me a bit of the English policeman in 'Allo 'Allo, who is also quite the handsome fox.

Ah, Arthur Bostrom - yes, I can understand the attraction there. I once read, almost certainly on here that the terrible French accent/vocabulary was based on Ted Heath's.

Quote: zooo @ 14th August 2023, 12:46 PM

Well, it works on him!

More Mike Wozniak, surely?

Quote: Aaron @ 14th August 2023, 2:05 PM

More Mike Wozniak, surely?

Yep, he is an early prototype :)

Oh my god, yes. Mike Wozniak is the evolved perfect version they've all been building up to.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 14th August 2023, 1:32 PM

Ah, Arthur Bostrom - yes, I can understand the attraction there. I once read, almost certainly on here that the terrible French accent/vocabulary was based on Ted Heath's.

😂

Anyway, so as to avoid the greying out monster. George and Mildred eh? Top show. Great theme tune.

Quote: zooo @ 14th August 2023, 2:18 PM

Oh my god, yes. Mike Wozniak is the evolved perfect version they've all been building up to.

😂

Anyway, so as to avoid the greying out monster. George and Mildred eh? Top show. Great theme tune.

Totally! The S1 theme was a sublime mix of honky tonk piano and S2-5 were a bit more 70s synthy.

I buy the Lidl own brand washing powder as I'm one of the shopping trolley brigade now (and actually found a Sabichi trolley twin!). Anyway ... cut to the end - the powder is called Formil and it reminds me of Jeffrey, Ann, Tristan and Tarquin. Almost nobody I know IRL would appreciate this fact.

It must have been great, I still remember one of the funniest lines from the show.

George has bought Mildred a new yellow budgie for her birthday (for himself really) and Mildred hopes he has bought her a gold ring.
She tries to get clues as to what he has got her.
What colour is it George? Err, yellowish (thrilled - she continues) Does it go on my finger? 'With a bit of training, yes.

There were some absolutely cracking lines in G&M and it took me years to work out that the writers hailed from radio, which makes sense really. I used to love the Ropers' pets, especially Truffles. George also had a budgie in the MATH series because he's attempting to teach the bird to sing 'On The Good Ship Venus' . There's a brilliant Muppets video of this where they lip synch The Sex Pistols' version.