Recipes Page 2

3rd one balanced on the old beer gut?

Quote: sootyj @ February 7 2010, 12:44 AM GMT

Yow got it Ode Pal !

:D

Quote: sootyj @ February 7 2010, 12:44 AM GMT

Shiner Bock, so the guy is probably a Texan.

Quote: DaButt @ February 7 2010, 1:14 AM GMT

Shiner Bock, so the guy is probably a Texan.

That makes me feel so good about myself !

Think I'll go out on the pull !

:P

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 7 2010, 1:16 AM GMT

That makes me feel so good about myself !

Think I'll go out on the pull !

Chicks dig a man with a terminal case of guttus sphericus. You're guaranteed a sympathy screw at the very least.

Quote: DaButt @ February 7 2010, 2:04 AM GMT

Chicks dig a man with a terminal case of guttus sphericus. You're guaranteed a sympathy screw at the very least.

I'm a very sympathetic woman, but I'm trying to figure out the physics of how it would work... Eh?

Quote: AndreaLynne @ February 7 2010, 2:50 AM GMT

I'm a very sympathetic woman, but I'm trying to figure out the physics of how it would work... Eh?

I would think an up-and-down rocking motion would come naturally to a guy like that.

Quote: DaButt @ February 7 2010, 2:57 AM GMT

I would think an up-and-down rocking motion would come naturally to a guy like that.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Thanks, I needed a laugh. He actually resembles my big gay brother-in-law.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ February 7 2010, 2:58 AM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Thanks, I needed a laugh. He actually resembles my big gay brother-in-law.

He lives in Texas, right? The bottle of Shiner Bock almost guarantees that the guy lives in Texas.

Yes, I'm sorry he's still inflicting himself upon your great state.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ February 7 2010, 3:13 AM GMT

Yes, I'm sorry he's still inflicting himself upon your great state.

268,000 square miles for 25 million people, so there's plenty of room for weirdos and the occasional annoying guy. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ February 7 2010, 3:18 AM GMT

268,000 square miles for 25 million people, so there's plenty of room for weirdos and the occasional annoying guy. ;)

:)
We hope he stays down there.

Have you had any luck making fresh salsa?

Quote: AndreaLynne @ February 7 2010, 3:20 AM GMT

Have you had any luck making fresh salsa?

I made a double batch (about a gallon) this afternoon for tomorrow's Super Bowl gathering at the neighbors' house. I also whipped up 24 pickled eggs and a big batch of red beans and rice. The entire neighborhood will be there and at last count there were 25 pounds of brisket to be barbecued and 10 pounds of carne asada. I'll also be bringing 2 gallons of beer from the local brewpub via growler.

We're doing homemade pizza, wings in Boss sauce, and I was hoping to make some fresh salsa, but I just keep finding shitty recipes saying, "Add 2 cans..." and I don't want to!

I usually just throw stuff together, but this will make a decent salsa. (Purists will say it's closer to pico de gallo than salsa, but it's still tasty as hell with some tortilla chips.)

4 tomatoes
1 green pepper
4 jalapenos
1 onion
A tablespoon or two of vinegar
A teaspoon of salt
4 or 5 cloves of garlic
8 ounces of tomato sauce
A little chopped parsley and/or cilantro
Perhaps a squirt of ketchup

Chop up the veggies and smash everything together in a big bowl using a potato masher. It tastes best after sitting in the fridge overnight. I hate crunchy onions, so I cover the chopped onions with water and slap the bowl in the microwave for 5-7 minutes. Then I drain the water and added the softened onions to the rest of the ingredients.