what celebs have you met Page 2

I met the great Tony Hart at a school fete. Also Graham Norton in a restaurant when he'd only done a couple of TV appearances. Didn't remember his name at the time. Lots of rock stars at my local venue - Boom Boom Club, Yardbirds, Focus, Zombies (ask your parents).

Also a group on the way up - look out for them - Funkydory.

I love The Zombies.

They're still good to watch - Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent - unless you're talking about the undead ones.

Come to think of it maybe after seeing Colin Blunstone up close.....

I was on stage with Stan Boardman at Scarborough when I was 7. Don't you all go getting too envious now.

"The Geeeermins".

Quote: charley rance @ April 22, 2007, 2:22 PM

Hey Bombs over Slogh. Are you a Rolling Stones fan. I am their No 1 fan see. Them and the Who.

Charley - not sure its possible that u are their no.1? not if i am claiming the title! to be fair, my dad pips us both, saw the codgers back in their prime in 69! Thats 1969 by the way.

The who ain't too shabby either, playing at glastonbury i see.. to keep it comedy related, why the hell do roger daltery and mick keep popping up in random films? Daltery is in a new one i think with vinnie f**king jones?!!!

I'll be checkin The Who at Glasto.

I've also met 80's middle distance supremo Steve Cram.

Livivng in Southampton it is common to see the portsmouth players around, i once asked for David James autograph, this was before he signed, there was a delay in his signing as when he was handed the pen he dropped it, i have also met, Kris Akebusi (that running guy) Alan Ball (the world cup winner) John suchet (the news reading guy)Bill Odie (the springwatch guy) once fell over when walking past me, i had to laugh, i picked his glasses up for him. oow look at me, mucking in with all the big cats.

The fact that you've noted Bill Oddie as "the springwatch guy" is (apart from the lack of capitalisation) quite worrying.

I couldn't think of anything else he has done apart from autum watch, ow and didn't he do the goonies/ i'll re-phrase wasn't he one of the goonies? i forgot i also met Frank Skinner about thre years ago.

I have met a guy who has met and spoken to John Lennon, and still keeps a coin he gave him.

Quote: lewisroberts @ April 24, 2007, 2:06 PM

I couldn't think of anything else he has done apart from autum watch, ow and didn't he do the goonies/ i'll re-phrase wasn't he one of the goonies? i forgot i also met Frank Skinner about thre years ago.

The Goodies. Goodies! Comedy fan and writer? Hah! You should be ashamed...

Quote: Aaron @ April 24, 2007, 3:29 PM

The Goodies. Goodies! Comedy fan and writer? Hah! You should be ashamed...

Actually Aaron, you've made a bit of a fool of yourself there. Bill Oddie played "Sloth" in the Goonies ASWELL as appearing in the Goodies

Check IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/board/thread/72640109

I've never seen the goodies, wasn't that the one with the tandem bike thingy, i've only ever watched him; in the goonies
and falling over in front of me.

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ April 24, 2007, 3:42 PM

Actually Aaron, you've made a bit of a fool of yourself there. Bill Oddie played "Sloth" in the Goonies ASWELL as appearing in the Goodies

Check IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/board/thread/72640109

Fair enough (can't read that - it wants me to register or something). But the point was what he's famous for. Or should be famous for with an aspiring comedian!

Timmy Mallet. I would like to meet Bill Oddie. He was my fave Goodie. Bun fight at OK tearooms. A classic