Things that piss you off Page 849

Thank you. I feel a bit better now

Quote: AJGO @ January 31 2012, 6:47 PM GMT

One of the belt loops on my jeans has broken. I feel like life is laughing at me

Didn't you say you were aspiring to look like a Hoxton twat?

Use a yellow kefiyah as a belt and you'll be set.

Quote: AJGO @ January 31 2012, 6:20 PM GMT

Some people have a very funny idea about what constitutes London. I was already pissed off by having to traipse through various listings but the one in Glasgow is just taking the mick

So what's wrong with my garage! Angry

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 6:55 PM GMT

Didn't you say you were aspiring to look like a Hoxton twat?

Use a yellow kefiyah as a belt and you'll be set.

No, Renegade Carpark recently came out as a hoxton hipster. Me, I already look like a twat, no aspiring needed

(Although I have never worn a keffiyeh. I prefer 'so long you're in danger of tripping over them' scarves)

Quote: keewik @ January 31 2012, 6:58 PM GMT

:D It's thoroughly delightful but quite a commute

Quote: keewik @ January 31 2012, 6:58 PM GMT

It's full of dead foxes.

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 7:20 PM GMT

It's full of dead foxes.

Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ January 31 2012, 4:23 PM GMT

We plugged phones back in an hour ago and it started again - rings 10 times, stops, then begins all over again every 10 - 30 seconds. Now on it's 9th time of ringing and is driving me mad. Will have to unplug again which means we'll miss valid calls.

Why don't you just change your number?

Quote: keewik @ January 31 2012, 4:23 PM GMT

We plugged phones back in an hour ago and it started again - rings 10 times, stops, then begins all over again every 10 - 30 seconds. Now on it's 9th time of ringing and is driving me mad. Will have to unplug again which means we'll miss valid calls.

You will need to call your phone supplier (use your mobile), probably BT & explain the situation. Possibly you can get that number blocked from phoning you.

Changing a number would be very awkward.
However I solved the problem. somebody sent me a text message to the landline and this seems to have caused the problem. Don't know why the engineer didn't realise the phone number tied in with the SMS thing. We'd been wary of pressing buttons or indeed even picking up the phone in case it was a scam. However eventually I listened to the whole thing and pressed 4 which disabled the SMS thing (we don't usually get texts on the landline anyway). Immediately the calls stopped. Bliss. Obviously this shouldn't have happened and there's been some sort of glitch.

Mental!
This is why I don't like phones. (Well, one reason.)

Revieving a SMS text to a landline can be quite confusing.

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 7:20 PM GMT

It's full of dead foxes.

Some of those that burnt horses, are the same that burnt foxes.

The newly designed BBC Sport webpage. What really pisses me off is that in a week's time I won't even be able to remember what the old one looked like.

Quote: Kenneth @ February 1 2012, 6:59 AM GMT

Some of those that burnt horses, are the same that burnt foxes.

Sounds like a Rage Against The Machine lyric.

Quote: AJGO @ January 31 2012, 6:47 PM GMT

One of the belt loops on my jeans has broken. I feel like life is laughing at me

Too much Christmas Pud??
;)