Things that piss you off Page 1,119

Quote: Pingl @ November 6 2012, 9:57 AM GMT

as Robert Wyatt said 'Is it worth it?'

It's not worth sitting in a third floor window.

Quote: Nogget @ November 6 2012, 11:07 AM GMT

It's not worth sitting in a third floor window.

Laughing out loud

In a recent interview, I heard him say it turned out to be the best thing that had ever happened to him.

There was a radio doc on him recently, that voice is amazing. I suppose if it hadn't of been for that accident the way he was going he wouldn't be alive now.

Quote: Lee @ November 6 2012, 11:05 AM GMT

What does Christmas look like in Australia, what does a Christmas card look like?

We get Christmas cards with wintery scences on them or they have baubles or other Christmasy stuff. At the carols by Candlelight, they sing the songs about sitting around the fire. Shopping centres put up trees etc, same as in UK.

Difference is in most parts of the country it's boiling hot. The hot dinner is still popular. Although a lot of order a chicken and just cook the vege on day.
Prawns are also meant to be popular.

I twas planning to see a English Christmas this year but it didn't work out.

Quote: reds @ November 6 2012, 11:32 AM GMT

We get Christmas cards with wintery scences on them or they have baubles or other Christmasy stuff. At the carols by Candlelight, they sing the songs about sitting around the fire. Shopping centres put up trees etc, same as in UK.

Difference is in most parts of the country it's boiling hot. The hot dinner is still popular. Although a lot of order a chicken and just cook the vege on day.
Prawns are also meant to be popular.

Oh, right. Well if it looks something like Love, Actually Christmas, I'd recommend it. But normally it's just drizzly and cold and everyone is moaning. Not me though, ding dong merrily on high... something, something, something...

Quote: Lee @ November 6 2012, 12:44 PM GMT

Oh, right. Well if it looks something like Love, Actually Christmas, I'd recommend it. But normally it's just drizzly and cold and everyone is moaning. Not me though, ding dong merrily on high... something, something, something...

Cold and drizzly would be a change hot and humid. At least you can get warm.

Quote: reds @ November 6 2012, 11:32 AM GMT

Save your dosh and just enjoy your aussie one, but paint the window panes black at about 3.30pm. Then all pile in the house, turn the heating up and dress in woolies, Also spray the house with a concentrated brussel sprout aerosol air 'freshener'. Break wind a few times too for good measure.

Then, after ten pints of 'wife-beater' (Stella)strip down to your string vest and proceed to get really pissed on some banana schnaps from Tenerife that youve had in for 8 years at the back of the drinks cabinet.

Then projectile vomit on the coffee table at around 10pmish - before drunkenly teling all the family to 'F**k off!' as you trudge upstairs to bed with your cock out as you piss all over the new axminster.

Voila...one British Christmas...with plenty dosh left over for tinnies and sun cream.

Or is that just my family Huh?

Quote: Lee @ November 6 2012, 12:44 PM GMT

Stop it, Stop it now!

Re: Well off people talking about poor service in restaurants

As I write this, prizing cold beans from the carpet to re-use as my evening meal, my heart really goes out to you. Similarly, my pen pal in Eritrea, little Juhunu Nofoodo, also wants to send his messages of sympathy.

'I can't believe that people come to your table and ask if the food is alright, who the hell do these servants think they are...? etc., etc.'

Stick it up your spoiled arses Western pig dogs, I hope you choke to death on your overpriced vegetarian lasagne.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2012, 1:50 PM GMT

Re: Well off people talking about poor service in restaurants

As I write this, prizing cold beans from the carpet to re-use as my evening meal, my heart really goes out to you. Similarly, my pen pal in Eritrea, little Juhunu Nofoodo, also wants to send his messages of sympathy.

'I can't believe that people come to your table and ask if the food is alright, who the hell do these servants think they are...? etc., etc.'

Stick it up your spoiled arses Western pig dogs, I hope you choke to death on your overpriced vegetarian lasagne.

People who scroll back to find seven day old posts to get cross about.

:P

Have an oyster.

Quote: Lazzard @ November 6 2012, 2:00 PM GMT

People who scroll back to find seven day old posts to get cross about.

:P

Have an oyster.

I prefer prawns. :O

I had to go back, I don't have kids and standing in the cold to watch fireworks is so, like, not on my radar. Like, get an X Box you fags.

Oysters yum!

Quote: Pingl @ November 6 2012, 2:08 PM GMT

Oysters yum!

Don't like them myself.
These were the wife's and they went down very well.

Quote: Lazzard @ November 6 2012, 2:20 PM GMT

Don't like them myself.
These were the wife's and they went down very well.

God I love them, but sadly can rarely afford then Teary