Things that piss you off Page 1,085

I was listening to a medical podcast earlier(it's all rock'n' roll in Nogget mansions!) about how over-diagnosis and early intervention often causes more harm than good. One woman interviewed had been given special (potentially harmful)treatment for her 'failing' liver because if it continued to deteriorate, she might need dialysis...when she gets to 90. So RC's bold over-generalisation has got a kernal of truth to it.

Quote: Nogget @ August 24 2012, 4:03 PM BST

So RC's bold over-generalisation has got a kernal of truth to it.

I think it's fair to say that certain people spend more time going to the Doctors then others.

But it's really all a bit of a genetic crap shoot - some people are tougher and more naturally resiliant then others - I'm looking at you gluten allergy lot, you bunch of weaklings. ;) :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 3:45 PM BST

For all you women people moaning about the Doctors, here's a handy hint, don't go. I haven't been to the Doctor's in years, except when I broke my ankle, but even then I put off going in for six weeks.

Only go to the Doctors if you are properly dying and you can avoid all that condescension.

Glad I was able to help.

Indeed...I shall just sit here and wait to die. THEN, I'll make an appointment, but if I start to feel better...I'll make sure I cancel it. Don't want to waste anyone's time.

Our vet's the same. My dog had a stroke and, at one of our appointments, I told the vet she'd been blinking and falling over a lot. Vet just looked at me and said, "So what are you thinking it is?" WHAT??!!

Anyway, I told her what I thought it was and she agreed...and it was all fine. Hmmm.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 24 2012, 1:01 PM BST

Welcome to the boards Dr Booo Pleased

:D

Quote: Joyce @ August 24 2012, 4:26 PM BST

Indeed...I shall just sit here and wait to die. THEN, I'll make an appointment, but if I start to feel better...I'll make sure I cancel it. Don't want to waste anyone's time.

At last, someone 'gets' it. If only more people had your attitude, we'd free up Doctors Waiting Rooms, NHS beds would be more available and the pension crisis would disappear - along with lots and lots of people.

It's a win-win! ;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 3:45 PM BST

For all you women people moaning about the Doctors, here's a handy hint, don't go. I haven't been to the Doctor's in years, except when I broke my ankle, but even then I put off going in for six weeks.

Only go to the Doctors if you are properly dying and you can avoid all that condescension.

Glad I was able to help.

That is mostly what I do.
You make it sound as if we're not allowed to moan.

Quote: Joyce @ August 24 2012, 4:26 PM BST

Indeed...I shall just sit here and wait to die. THEN, I'll make an appointment, but if I start to feel better...I'll make sure I cancel it.

Well, joking aside, you've pretty much summed up the concerns of the 'over-diagnosis' lobby. If you're not that ill, the medicine might well do you more harm than good.

Quote: Booo @ August 24 2012, 4:36 PM BST

You make it sound as if we're not allowed to moan.

Tsk, when will you learn Booo? I only approve of moaning when it directly affects my life in a similar fashion. Then it's a legitimate grudge that needs to aired, if it has nothing to do with my personal experience, then it's just a load of whinging from babies.

I'm glad I've been able to clear that up for you. :P

Quote: Nogget @ August 24 2012, 4:37 PM BST

Well, joking aside, you've pretty much summed up the concerns of the 'over-diagnosis' lobby. If you're not that ill, the medicine might well do you more harm than good.

I'll be honest...I haven't got time to go to the doctors now I've found this forum. I hardly have time to do anything anymore. If I suddenly stop posting, I'll more than likely just be found slumped over this keyboard...dead...or worse!

In that event, can someone please ring my doctor and tell him...or his nan.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 4:43 PM BST

Tsk, when will you learn Booo? I only approve of moaning when it directly affects my life in a similar fashion. Then it's a legitimate grudge that needs to aired, if it has nothing to do with my personal experience, then it's just a load of whinging from babies.

I love the way you think this is moaning. Dear...if you think this is moaning, you've never witnessed a full-on female myseryfest. Then you need to run...fast.

Quote: Joyce @ August 24 2012, 4:45 PM BST

I'll be honest...I haven't got time to go to the doctors now I've found this forum.

Laughter is the best medicine.

Take two puns every half hour and stick this sitcom up your

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 4:43 PM BST

Of course, I ought to know that. *self-flagellates*

Quote: Booo @ August 24 2012, 4:49 PM BST

Of course, I ought to know that. *self-flagellates*

'self-flagellates'? Do you need special underwear for that or can anyone do it?

Quote: Joyce @ August 24 2012, 4:48 PM BST

I love the way you think this is moaning. Dear...if you think this is moaning, you've never witnessed a full-on female myseryfest. Then you need to run...fast.

I think all men have that 'Spidey Sense' when chicks are about to embark on a whinge tornado. We know to get away fast - 'I'm just going to walk the dog, go to the pub, have an affair, etc.' - and then scarper.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 4:51 PM BST

I think all men have that 'Spidey Sense' when chicks are about to embark on a whinge tornado. We know to get away fast - 'I'm just going to walk the dog, go to the pub, have an affair, etc.' - and then scarper.

Trouble with that is..."Yes, dear, you do that...and I'll be waiting for you when you get back". There's no escape!! Whaaaa!!!

Nothing like a stale argument...revived and reanimated well into the night. <looks at pictures of exes> Nothing.

Quote: Joyce @ August 24 2012, 4:50 PM BST

'self-flagellates'? Do you need special underwear for that or can anyone do it?

It's up to you how you do it. I prefer it wearing knee-high socks and a swimming costume.