The Return Of 'Allo 'Allo

COMEDY: The Return of 'Allo 'Allo
On: BBC Two
Date: Saturday 28th April 2007
Time: 21:00 to 22:45

The cast and characters of the classic sitcom return with brand new scenes specially written by Jeremy Lloyd and a documentary revealing the history behind the show. The comic adventure set amonst the German occupation of France had regular audiences of over 15 million viewers and ran for nine years. In this programme, in front of a studio audience, René is back in his cafe writing his war diaries, with a little 'elp from the sexy Yvette and as well as some other well known patrons of Cafe Rene.

Starring: Gorden Kaye, Vicki Michelle, Arthur Bostrom, Guy Siner

Can not possibly emphasise how excited I am! :D

I am actually pretty interested to see what they all look like now.

Especially Bostrom. I'm glad he's in it.
Is there a full cast list anywhere?

Good Moaning.

I was just pissing by when I stepped in a piddle.
Oh, good times...

Not that I've seen. But I can tell you who's definitely NOT in it (since it would involve a spot of grave robbing):

Carmen Silvera (Edith)
Rose Hill (Madame Fanny)
Kenneth Connor (Monsieur Alfonse)
Hilary Minster (General von Klinkerhoffen)
Richard Marner (Colonel von Strohm

And as to how they look, pretty much the same. Just a bit older. (Duh.)

Quote: Aaron @ April 21, 2007, 9:21 PM

And as to how they look, pretty much the same. Just a bit older. (Duh.)

Yeah, thanks for that.
Rolling eyes

I hope Herr Flick's showing up. He's not dead, right?

Correct. (He is.)
And correct. (He's not.)

(...Respectively.)

Bit before my time I think.

I remember vague, slightly unpleasant, memories of the re-runs when I was a kid.

Didn't the show revolve around pronouncing words in a pseudo-foreign accent to get a cheap laugh?

I'll watch the upcoming show with an open mind, but I'm not expecting much.

Bit before mine also, but brilliant nonetheless. Repeats can often be found, as can DVDs of the first five series'.

And no, there was just one character who did that. And that was through his own stupidity rather than the writers just trying to "get a cheap laugh".

Quote: Krycek @ April 21, 2007, 10:19 PM

Didn't the show revolve around pronouncing words in a pseudo-foreign accent to get a cheap laugh?

Yes!
That was the beauty of the 80s.

I really can't see how it can be the same without Carmen Silvera as Rene's overbearing wife.

Now the cuddling scenes with Vicki Michelle and others are rendered useless as Edith ain't there to nearly catch them at it lol.

But i'll watch it anyway.

I agree to an extent, but there was still plenty there which didn't involve Edith directly. But yes. It'll be a bit odd without some of the characters.

And of course Rene was always irresistable to all those women. Understandable eh Charley. They can still all fight over him.

I tried so hard to get into Allo Allo but just didn't take to it, I am a great admirer of David Croft. But his great sitcoms, have all been with Jimmy Perry, not with Jeremy Lloyd. Just couldn't get into it. Did you know Jeremy Lloyd was once married to Joanna Lumley, but the marriage lasted about three months.

Three months of Joanna Lumley! I wouldn't have let her out of the bedroom.