Coming Of Age - Series 2 Page 5

Quote: Tom Simpson @ January 20 2010, 2:53 PM GMT

"I'll tell your granddad I shagged his granddaughter" that was overstepping the mark...

Really? In what way? Eh?

Truely awful show,I would rather watch the execution of my family for half an hour. Poor, low grade, cheap and predictable. Sick

Is it wrong that we find this show funny, all the way over here in Canada? :D

Welcome. Wave

And yes.

Quote: Skillington Matt @ February 20 2010, 10:45 PM GMT

Truely awful show,I would rather watch the execution of my family for half an hour. Poor, low grade, cheap and predictable. Sick

That's what it aims to be though. Fluff. Nothing more, nothing less.

They want something that people from 16-35 will stick on for half an hour as there's not much else on. It does its job in that respect.

I cringe at it but can find it funny, but then again I have a sick sense of humour.

I'm not sure that Tim Dawson or Simon London see it quite so casually!

Series 3 commissioned... :D

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000288/coming_of_age_series_3_commissioned/

Oh well at least there's Peep show to take the sting away. But this along with Tramadol Nights and gosh no how many other rotten comedy shows. How is this happening? Why is there so much comedy that feels stilted and unnatural and painfully over produced. Are there really rooms of humourless execs viciously and callously kicking defenceless comedy scripts to death?

Sadly, Coming of Age is Teflon coated and critique proof. No matter what anybody says we're probably looking at 7 or 8 series.

Can't really say anymore than what's already been posted. It is simply astonishing that this show keeps getting commissioned. Where are this show's fans? Who does it appeal to? Middle class kids with varying accents saying blowjob over and over again does not make good comedy. This makes Two Pints look like Frasier.

Quote: Millsy @ December 19 2010, 12:02 PM GMT

Where are this show's fans?

Category A prisoners are a previously untapped demographic...

The whole cast came into a pub I was drinking in the other day. I know it's not their fault as they don't write or commission it. But there was a small part of me that wanted to tell them to please STOP.