Chris Morris' new project at Sundance Page 2

Barley didn't impress me on first viewing, but it's one of those rare comedies, like Airplane, where you can see something new and funny on every subsequent viewing. It ain't great, but I don't think it's anywhere near as shit as is often made out.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 22 2009, 12:30 AM GMT

Barley didn't impress me on first viewing, but it's one of those rare comedies, like Airplane, where you can see something new and funny on every subsequent viewing. It ain't great, but I don't think it's anywhere near as shit as is often made out.

Ain't great? It's bloody marvellous!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 22 2009, 8:50 AM GMT

Ain't great? It's bloody marvellous!

Next you'll be telling us lab Rats is quite good and that you'd "do" the lead singer of L7 while she's on her period!

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 10:03 AM GMT

Next you'll be telling us lab Rats is quite good and that you'd "do" the lead singer of L7 while she's on her period!

Seeing as you insist.

*ahem*

Really liked that Lab Rats, and her off the L7 is a bit of all right (I've had worse).

Was that alright?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 22 2009, 10:05 AM GMT

Was that alright?

Yes. Although we'll need some fresh material in the new year.

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 10:10 AM GMT

Yes. Although we'll need some fresh material in the new year.

I'll try and work on some really quite unfathomable and contrary views.

Nathan Barley was not bad, just bad by 'Chris Morris standards'. The targets were easy and most of the characters were single dimension.

Quote: Not a Suspect @ December 24 2009, 4:55 AM GMT

Nathan Barley was not bad, just bad by 'Chris Morris standards'. The targets were easy and most of the characters were single dimension.

Agreed. Having made its points, it graciously sodded-off after one series. There was some lovely media satire in it though.

Badly structured, so the plot didn't pace well. Good ideas though and some great dialogue. I loved it despite it's flaws.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/2010/jan/21/chris-morris-four-lions-sundance
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Damn that looks good. :D

Quote: Marooned @ January 22 2010, 10:27 AM GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/2010/jan/21/chris-morris-four-lions-sundance
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Awww! Can't watch till I get home! Aarrgghh!

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 21 2009, 7:35 PM GMT

Why was it superb?

Awaits response: "Because that's my opinion."

Laughing out loud
Matt doesn't do criticism.

Nathan Barley was a disaster. That doesn't mean it wasn't good in parts. I still play 'cock, muff, bumhole' with my girlfriend.

I think people who like it came to it cold and didn't know TV go Home. And people who don't like it know what it should have been and wanted more input from Charlie Brooker. I mean imagine if it was called 'C**t' instead of 'Nathan Barley'? The balls have been chopped off it right there, before you even get past the title...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 22 2010, 11:07 AM GMT

Laughing out loud
Matt doesn't do criticism.

You're shit. There you go!!!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2010, 11:16 AM GMT

You're shit. There you go!!!!

? That's an insult. You really don't do criticism.