Chris Morris' new project at Sundance

Good to see this is imminent:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8393736.stm

Brilliant. Look forward to this.

"The Sundance event takes place in Utah from 21-31 January."

Not a lot of time after the Christams break for Daily Mail hacks to ring round to invent a bogus controversy.

("Labour MP for Slough Northwest Jane Publicity and Sir Anthony Regents-Park both attacked the film as terrorism is no laughing matter.")

It's all been downhill since Blue Jam but I remain hopeful.

I know a researcher for this film - they are prepared for a backlash from people who won't have watched the film but will attack it anyway.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 20 2009, 11:18 AM GMT

I know a researcher for this film - they are prepared for a backlash from people who won't have watched the film but will attack it anyway.

It would be almost disappointing if there wasn't after his form with the Brass Eye Special and the 'bishopslips' Blue Jam sketch. No, I'm sure it would be nice if people got the point but it is always interesting to see the bandwagon-jumping politicians and ensuing tabloid sensationalism.

Might be time to resurrect this old piece, in which Morris makes a borderline ad hominem attack on Martin Amis and his views on Islamic terrorism. Perhaps gives a rough idea where he's coming from.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/nov/25/bookscomment.religion

Quote: Not a Suspect @ December 20 2009, 10:20 AM GMT

It's all been downhill since Blue Jam but I remain hopeful.

Nathan Barley was superb.

Comedy needs Chris Morris back. As a writer at least.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ December 20 2009, 11:15 PM GMT

Comedy needs Chris Morris back. As a writer at least.

Not if he's tossing out shit like Nathan Barley it doesn't.

I'm looking forward to Three Lions out of hope more than expectation and, besides, Monkey Dust covered very similar ground 5 (five) years ago.

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 21 2009, 12:49 AM GMT

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 20 2009, 8:57 PM GMT

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 21 2009, 12:49 AM GMT

Islamic fundamentalism is a much more interesting topic than self-obsessed media cumstains.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 20 2009, 8:57 PM GMT

Why was it superb?

Awaits response: "Because that's my opinion."

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 21 2009, 7:35 PM GMT

Why was it superb?

Awaits response: "Because that's my opinion."

Well, what response do you expect me to give? I really enjoyed it, that's why I thought it was superb. *Shrugs* Morris has yet to let me down with his work. Obviously I realise there are a lot of people who think it's been downhill since Brass Eye, or since Jam's original radio incarnation.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 21 2009, 7:37 PM GMT

Well, what response do you expect me to give? I really enjoyed it, that's why I thought it was superb.

I nearly bust a gut when Ayoade said "He's just farted up my muff 8 times in a row" Laughing out loud I must admit I didn't think that much to the series on the whole though.