Brush Strokes Page 2

I've got this on DVD and it's great! Good ol' Jacko.

This begins a repeat run on Drama channel 7th April 2014. Each episode appears to be getting aired minus Series 2

Accidentally downloaded an episode and glad I did! Karl Howman was great in Mulberry and this looks to be a very fun and light hearted show. Looking forward to seeing it.

I remember it as being tired and predictable.

Gary Waldhorn isn't very good doing self made geezer. I'm thinking that John Judd would have been better.

Quote: William Purry @ 9th April 2014, 8:36 PM BST

Gary Waldhorn isn't very good doing self made geezer. I'm thinking that John Judd would have been better.

I'm always amazed that it's the same guy from The Vicar of Dibley. Obviously a very versatile actor.

This is next on my list to watch; although I imagine that it's a disappointment after so long. I once had a friend who boasted that her family were 'close' to Howman and that he used to appear at their various fundraising events. Beat that.

Edit:

Whattttt? LOVEFiLM disc rental, you disappoint me once again.

Brush Strokes - Series 1 and 2 - 3 Discs
Limited availability
DVD

Normal

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 17th February 2014, 1:08 PM GMT

This is a great sitcom. Reminds me of On The Buses, don't you agree?

No. I used to like Brush Strokes.

This sounds quite interesting. I'm tempted to get it. The plot sounds interesting and I really enjoyed Gary Waldhorn in the Vicar of Dibley, be interesting to see how he is in this.

Angry man

Very angry man!

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th September 2018, 10:43 PM

Angry man

Very angry man!

If you're referring to Gary Waldhorn, didn't he get angry and annoyed in The Vicar of Dibley on occasion? Interesting to see how angry he gets on this.

Quite a different type of character in this. Definitely worth seeing the series though - an 80s classic.

Quote: Aaron @ 27th September 2018, 11:08 AM

Quite a different type of character in this. Definitely worth seeing the series though - an 80s classic.

From what I've reading it's similar to On The Buses. Worker chases women, likes to wind up the boss. Workplace setting.

Errr. I suppose there's a similar central theme in that respect. Very dissimilar comedy style and characters though.

The main difference between Brush Strokes and On the Buses - is that Brush Strokes isn't absolutely terrible